We are loving LHFHG!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gardenmama28

We are loving LHFHG!!!

Post by gardenmama28 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Just wanted to share my enjoyment of LHFHG!!! We are using it for Grade 1! I love how straightforward and simple it is to use - I can just open up the teacher's manual in the morning and glance over it quickly and away we go! My girls love the Thornton Burgess stories, and the activities for verse memorization and Rhymes in Motion are a welcome break from book work.

I was just on the homepage looking ahead to next year to see what we get to do for Grade 2...... :wink:

mothermayi

Re: We are loving LHFHG!!!

Post by mothermayi » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:51 pm

That is great!! I am considering LHFHG or Beyond for first grade. How did you decide which to use?

Married to dh 13 years
ds12--Began CTC 10/28/13!!, DITHOR 6/7/8
ds10--Began CTC 10/28/13!!, DITHOR 4/5
dd5y11mo--MFW K, ETC 3, MMM/SM, A Beka Cursive--Looking forward to beginning HOD!
dd3.5--HOD LHTH 1/2 speed

gardenmama28

Post by gardenmama28 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:30 pm

It was fairly easy to pick LHFHG for our situation. We hadn't done any phonics or math instrution yet, or worked on any printing, so my daughter fit very well into this guide based on the placement chart. Also, she is young for grade 1 - she just turned 6 at the end of September. We are doing Grade 1 math, phonics, learning to print letters, and the Rod and Staff Workbooks, along with the rest of the "history" part of the guide.

mothermayi

Post by mothermayi » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Sounds like you are off to a fantastic year!!! Isn't it fun looking ahead to see what to expect for our kiddos?! I look forward to more updates :-).

Married to dh 13 years
ds12--Began CTC 10/28/13!!, DITHOR 6/7/8
ds10--Began CTC 10/28/13!!, DITHOR 4/5
dd5y11mo--MFW K, ETC 3, MMM/SM, A Beka Cursive--Looking forward to beginning HOD!
dd3.5--HOD LHTH 1/2 speed

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:56 am

Oh! I am so glad to hear this! :D We loved LHFHG too! I was sad to say good-bye to it as we headed into Beyond with my last little guy. However, we are loving Beyond too. :D

We pray The Lord may richly bless your time spent in LHFHG. :D

Thanks for sharing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks for sharing! I am so glad you are loving LHFHG! We loved doing LHFHG with our ds last year, and this year we are loving doing Beyond Little Hearts! We found LHFHG to be the perfect prep for Beyond this year. Our days are filled with such good memories together. Who knew school could be such fun! Yet worthwhile. You have many exciting days ahead of you in LHFHG and after that, many fulfilling days ahead of you in Beyond, and after that... well, you get where I'm headed! Ten plus years of doing HOD guides from LHTH to the World Geography guide, and I still feel privileged to enjoy my homeschooling like this with my dc! Have a terrific year with LHFHG! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie