So cool, my dd independent science research project

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
FiveLittlePeaches

So cool, my dd independent science research project

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:30 am

Yesterday, we finished reading Reddy Fox (BOO HOO, my fifth and last!!!) and we were talking about dens and where foxes live. My daughter, age 8 currently doing BHFHG, was listening in. Later that day, she handed me a paper she had illustrated. She drew a map showing 20 of the Burgess characters and a quick rendering of the places where they live. At the top is Farmer Brown's Boy and Bowser the hound next to a house, Ol' Mr. Buzzard is in a dead tree, Peter Rabbit is in the briar patch, and so on. She looked through all of the Burgess books we own and researched through them for the information.

This is my child that sometimes drags through her school work. I'm so excited because she's thinking and realizing she can do something with that information. BTW, HOD science really seems to resonate with her.

Isn't that cool?

Thanks for reading.

amysconfections

Re: So cool, my dd independent science research project

Post by amysconfections » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:37 am

That is amazing. You should scan it or take a picture and share it on here. I would love to see it!
Amy
T-18 Masters degree Cyber Security WGU
T-16 Bachelors in Cyber Security WGU
A-12 Res to Ref
A-10 Res to Ref
Heart of Dakota user since 2007.

raindrops

Post by raindrops » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:49 pm

Oh how adorable! Was Chatterer the squirrel on there? He was our favorite, followed by Grandfather Frog.. :D
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:25 pm

That is so neat, what a blessing for you to that she is learning much! We love the HOD way of teaching. :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.