Guess What I'm doing tomorrow...,

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Guess What I'm doing tomorrow...,

Post by MamaMary » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:11 pm

This will be my 10th year that I've gone away with a handful of old friends for a whole weekend without phone, computer, (well actually a couple use laptops) or TV. We bring all of our curriculum, our bibles, our comfy clothes, bubble bath and girly things and spend the whole weekend in deep prayer, planning, goal setting, quiet conversations, laughter and sharing.

I cannot wait to pour through all of my HOD materials and my DITHOR! The boys have been doing math and phonics and we re-start HOD on Monday!

So next week there will be a Week In Review from the Arnold's! I have so enjoyed reading other's as we have taken our break. It keeps that spark going.

I'll see you beautiful Sista's Monday!
:kiss: :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:15 pm

Mary, what fun!! :D I can imagine that you add quite a bit of life to any "party". :wink: Have a refreshing time and we'll look forward to having you back!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:17 pm

Kathleen,

You are so sweet. I tend to go into my quiet serious role here. (except at meal times and after midnight when I am giddy) :lol: When do you guys start your HOD?! I can't WAIT!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Mary,

We actually started DITHOR last week - and we're loving it of course!! :D We're also switching our math to Singapore and are going through 2A filling in a few holes we had from our other program. We won't start all of Bigger until probably late July/early August.

I'm a tad jealous of your wonderful trip...but I may make the long trek to Georgia to visit my sister and her kids which would be wonderful! This is my "waiting game", as I'm early on in pregnancy and have had some complications that aren't resolved yet. So, we're content to keep waiting, and will make the trip when the Lord allows.

I probably semi-hijacked your thread - sorry! Have a wonderful time with your planning!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:41 pm

Mary,

Have a wonderful trip! It sounds like so much fun. All of us need a pick-me-up like that to get ourselves headed in the right direction again.

Maybe the rest of us could at least manage the bubble bath? :lol:

P.S. Kathleen, we'll be praying for you too!

Blessings,
Carrie

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Thank You Carrie! Make sure you add candles to your bubbles
Kathleen wrote:Mary,

I'm early on in pregnancy and have had some complications that aren't resolved yet. So, we're content to keep waiting, and will make the trip when the Lord allows.
:D

Kathleen, I am stopping now and praying for you. (((Kathleen)))

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:48 pm

I hope you have a wonderful time Mary. :D It sounds like so much fun.

I don't remember the last time I had a bubble bath. :roll: I would have to clean up all the bath toys in order to do that. :lol:

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Dorla

Post by Dorla » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:53 pm

MamaMary!
I want to be you when I grow up! Oh...wait! I am probably older than you!
Oh well, what a great idea for a weekend. I will pretend that I am not in hot Texas and continue to enjoy the Beyond read alouds for next year.

Can't wait to hear all of your plans!
Dorla

JennyBenny

Post by JennyBenny » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:57 pm

Mary, what an awesome idea! :) It's wonderful that you ladies plan & pray together. I may have to mention this to some of my hsing friends. I'd like to start a tradition of my own. :wink: God bless you all as you spend time together this weekend.
~Jennifer
Married to awesome dh since 1997
Mom to 3 wonderful children- ages 16, 7, & 5
DITHOR-beginning in Aug. 2008

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Dorla wrote:MamaMary!
Oh well, what a great idea for a weekend.
I second that! Have a wonderful time! It sounds like so much fun. Maybe I will have a girls sleep over party this weekend two. I have five girls we could do that. :lol:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

momto2grls

Post by momto2grls » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Oh, how wonderful! That is such an awesome idea! :D
I think my biggest getaway these days is an occasuional moment when I can close my eyes and just dream of being on a deserted island (with my HOD catalog of course). :lol: When I open my eyes and come back to reality, I realize I would miss my kids too much. :(
Hope you have a great time! :D
Proud mom of 2 girls :
dd - 7yrs Bigger Hearts
dd - 3yrs Little Hands

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:00 pm

I want to have a weekend like that!! It sounds wonderful!!!
Can't wait for the recap when you get back! Can't you just kidnap one of the laptops for a quick update?? please???? :lol:
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:03 pm

Dorla wrote:MamaMary!

Dorla
Oh Dorla,

I am laughing so hard! I am celebrating my last 6mos in my 30's?!?! But no matter what we're not getting older, we're getting closer to living FOREVER! Amen?! :D :wink:

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:57 am

Have a great trip MamaMary, it sounds like a lot of fun. Just a warning though....your girlfriends might get jealous of all that wonderful HOD curriculum.... ;) :)
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:46 am

Mary...I got so worried about Kathleen that I stopped reading this thread, said a prayer, and started that new thread for Kathleen....I never got around to saying how much fun that sounds!!!! I still think we should have a HOD conference....you could speak, and we could fellowship and plan and giggle together. :lol:

Looking forward to your weekly check-in on Thursday!
:D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02