OT- Prayer Request

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
water2wine

OT- Prayer Request

Post by water2wine » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:52 pm

Hello fellow HODies.

I am in need of a little prayer. I have an appointment at the end of the month with a neurologist. I have been having some symptoms that appear to be very similar to Multiple Sclerosis. I have been tested for everything else under the sun and have come out OK. So my prayer is for a clear diagnosis either to confirm or deny MS and or a different diagnosis if that applies. And also anything that would bring to light a clear diagnosis in the time waiting would be made clear as well.

These kinds of things are hard to diagnose and in general I am very impatient with waiting. :roll: The symptoms I have now are very manageable it is more just getting things diagnosed that is weighing on me. It could very well be that nothing is found and that is the real diagnosis, which would be wonderful. It's just feeling like time to gather in some prayers. :lol:

BTW- My first thought when I was told MS was possible was thank God I had HOD so that I could still manage homeschooling if things got worse. :D But they won't :wink: just nice to know you can still homeschool no matter what path God asks you to walk down.

Thanks guys!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:18 pm

Oh w2w! I will be praying stedfastly! I have had different friends in the past with MS and actually taught for awhile with a teacher who had MS.

My mother-i-law was tested for MS several years ago and it was negative. She has never had a clear diagnosis for her problems either, but just throwing that out there to let you know that your's could be negative as well!

I will be lifting you up as often as I can, dear friend.
Melanie
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

mom2boys030507

Post by mom2boys030507 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:20 pm

I will be praying. I know that waiting for a diagnosis can be very difficult.

I was in the same position last fall. Thankfully I know have a dignosis and I am starting to improve.

I pray that you will be able to help you get to the point of no symtoms and be able to make a clear diagnosis.

Karen
Karen - mom to Bryce 02/03, Micah 03/05, and Matthew 05/07

Jen in Va

Post by Jen in Va » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Will be praying here.

My cousin went through this a few years ago and feared an MS diagnosis. They then tested her for Lyme disease--turns out, that was what she had--treated with antibiotics. Just mentioned this to be sure that Lyme was included in the battery of tests they've already run on you.
Jen
Hsing mom of 3:
DS (20) college, home educated k-12
DD (17) 12th grade (2009-10), home educated
DS (6) Beyond (2009-10, have already started--loving it, btw!)

we6rblessed

Post by we6rblessed » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Praying for you here...my new friend.
I know the Lord holds your hand!!

~Linda

sheila

Post by sheila » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:08 pm

I will pray for you as well. I will pray that God gives you a sense of peace in the midst of this struggle.
Sheila
Sheila

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:07 pm

I'm lifting you in prayer, too, and will continue to. Oh, the waiting game... I think waiting can be so hard, and have needed to be doing some of my own lately, but His peace is there for us, and I am reminded daily of His new mercies and great faithfulness!

Praying for wisdom for those looking at your tests!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:37 pm

water2wine,

We'll be upholding you in prayer here too. It is very difficult to wait for test results, and patience is one of my most elusive virtues. A few years ago I had a positive rheumatoid factor test which required seeing a neurologist, and it was a wait to get in and a wait to get results.

It all turned out alright, and I eventually received an alternate diagnosis, but I will be remembering you as you struggle for answers too. We'll pray for clarity in your diagnosis and for a reduction in your symptoms. There is much power in prayer, so we'll bathe you in it.

Blessings,
Carrie

Carly

Post by Carly » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:58 pm

My prayers go out to you! I am dealing with this right now too.
I go in for an MRI on Friday and am waiting on a lot of bloodwork to come back. The symptoms are varying and scary and painful at times. I'll be praying for you and knowing God's will is perfect, no matter what it turns out to be.
Carly

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Thanks so much for the prayers! I so appreciate it.

Carly I just wanted to say that I am praying for you too. I know that His will is perfect and so is His healing and mercy so I will be praying for those for you as well. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:04 pm

I am praying for you, dear friend!!! I am so impatient with diagnosis, as I'm sure you are as well. I pray that you have clear answers, and soon, and that our Lord will surround you with His light, His strength, and His love. No matter what you find out - you will be alright - you have a strong faith that shines through in all that you say and do. Praying for you often!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:06 pm

Carly wrote:My prayers go out to you! I am dealing with this right now too.
I go in for an MRI on Friday and am waiting on a lot of bloodwork to come back. The symptoms are varying and scary and painful at times. I'll be praying for you and knowing God's will is perfect, no matter what it turns out to be.
Carly
Carly -I'm praying for you as well - and I know the Lord will take care of you through this. He never leaves us alone, and He will be by your side through all of this.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:30 pm

And I am adding Kathleen to that prayer as well as it seems she needs some prayers for her pregnancy as well. Kathleen I am praying for you also! I know that is one of the absolute hardest things to wait on God for even though it is what we must do. So know that I and I know others will be praying for you and your baby as well. :D

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:40 pm

I will be praying my friend. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Can you give us a date? I will put it on my calendar. (((Everlasting Arms)))

Carly, please update us and let us know how you're doing. I am so sorry you are going through this as well.

Isaiah 43: 1-5 (NLT)

But now, listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;
I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
Others were given in exchange for you.
I traded their lives for yours
because you are precious to me.
You are honored, and I love you.
“Do not be afraid, for I am with you.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:53 pm

(we need a prayer icon to post!)
More prayers going up for you here.
Here's an interesting tidbit for you-MS is rarely diagnosed in persons from the Southern states. The further north you were born, the higher your risk of MS. One of the neurologists at the hospital I work at specializes in MS and he has the coolest stats!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink: