PE and Algebra

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mercy

PE and Algebra

Post by Mercy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:01 am

Hi,
Just a quick question for those of you using the geo guide. Does anyone have a chart for PE log? Our state requires 2 years. Is there any chance one of the other high school guides will have a PE box to record activites? Also, I thought maybe there would be a page to guide us toward a goal for video text. How far should we go to this first year? As far as grading, how are others keeping track? It has been so organized and easy so far! We are really enjoying it!! I use the student worktext as a study tool for my son. He is able to refrence anything he needs to make sure he understands the concept. The progress tests are used to see how well he understood. He is doing well so far. ;-) I highly recommend Video Text! It is very pricey but well worth the cost! Good choosing once again Carrie! ;-)

Thanks for any input.
Mercy
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: PE and Algebra

Post by Carrie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Mercy,

For PE, I would typically just log time up to around 70-80 hours per .5 credit. Some states allow a student to do health or p.e. (and some states require both). We will be scheduling a health program in our upcoming World History guide due out in 2014. :D

For Algebra through VideoText, it is a good goal to work toward finishing 1/2 of the modules the first year. Module A takes much longer than the other modules, so don't be concerned if you spend much longer in that module. You will move more quickly once you get through Module A. We finished the VideoText program in 2 years and counted it for Algebra I and Algebra II. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Mercy

Re: PE and Algebra

Post by Mercy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Thank you Carrie.
I appreciate your reply!
~Mercy
Mercy
14yob- World Geo Guide
8yog- BHFHG
5yob- LHFHG