Last day of school!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
julsoliveira

Last day of school!!!

Post by julsoliveira » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:13 pm

I can't believe it's the eve of our last day of school! We are on Unit 35 day 4 of PHFHG. I am so proud of my son. He has matured and grown exponentially since we started.I can't remember if I hugged you (Julie and Carrie) at the convention, but I'm hugging you now. I have a relationship with my 10 yr old. Our student/teach time is precious. I'm proud of myself for not giving in, and for completing the year with him, cover to cover. I am looking forward to going through it again with my daughter in 2014.

Now we end our 2012-13 school year. MY husband comes home at the end of the week, and begin in earnest to prepare our home and hearts for our cross country move to NC. We leave 2 months from today :) We're calling it "PCS Break" instead of summer break ;) We'll start our new school year in mid November. CTC for 5th grade, and continuing BHFHG for 3rd, and LHTH with beginning phonics for PreK.

I cannot say enough good things about PHFHG. Best homeschool year yet.

mom23

Re: Last day of school!!!

Post by mom23 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:14 am

Hooray! Such a feeling of accomplishment to turn to that last day of the manual, isn't it? Congratulations on your accomplishment, and God's blessings on your family as you move!
Becky, married to my preacher-man and raising:
DD 12-7th grade public school
DS 10-Preparing
DS 8-Beyond
DS 3-Just doin' his thing

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:41 am

Congratulations on finishing Preparing! I think it is still our favorite guide so far. :) CTC is fun also and I think you'll enjoy starting that after your break. Good luck on your cross country move. I pray it is a smooth transition for you all and that enjoy NC. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

onelittlemonkey

Post by onelittlemonkey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 am

Jules,
your thread warmed my heart! Congrats on your last day! Praying for a great move to NC!
Suzanne
DS12: completed Bigger, Beyond, & Preparing. Starting MTMM beefed up for highschool in January!

julsoliveira

Post by julsoliveira » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:25 am

Thank you :)

So he turns the last page and says, "What? Appendix?? Is that all I get? No "Congratulations you've completed this book!" ?" lol. We'll make a certificate to put in his records for the year;)