Hello, If you use HOD in the extension range ...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mibellesmom

Hello, If you use HOD in the extension range ...

Post by Mibellesmom » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:01 am

What will you do for High School? I have a 12 year old and almost 10 year old doing CTC. My daughter is advanced in LA, but my son struggled with reading, though he's made great leaps. We customize the right side, but do the History and Science together. If we don't skip any guides, he will use the first HS guide in 10th grade. There are 3 more HS guides though. Please share any thoughts. Maybe, it doesn't matter as much as I think. I like what I see in the scope and sequence for High School.
Thanks.

8arrows

Re: Hello, If you use HOD in the extension range ...

Post by 8arrows » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:41 pm

That just means you would beef up MTMM for his 9th grade year. My daughter used REV2REV beefed-up for 9th and is using MTMM the same way for 10th since I combine her with 2 of her younger siblings. There are lots of posts about how to do this on this board. Your other option would be to keep them together and then separate them when he reached 9th grade. He would just skip a guide if ability allowed.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

mamas4bugs

Re: Hello, If you use HOD in the extension range ...

Post by mamas4bugs » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:53 am

My oldest son is using MTMM beefed up for high school this year. It just means that this particular child won't use all of the guides, which is a bummer, I know, but you do what you have to. :)
Living the adventure, blessed to be schooling 3:
Cub 15 MTMM with extentions
Crawdad 11 Preparing
Taz 6 her own interesting mix

Have used and loved: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
http://ourhomeschooltravelingzoo.blogspot.com/