Encouraged about Narration :)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lissiejo

Encouraged about Narration :)

Post by lissiejo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Last year I was a little concerned about narration. This is the thread where I asked if things were going well (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12207&hilit=+narration). We made it through the year and I did see improvement. We finished up the first unit of Preparing last week going half speed. She just turned 8 and is a 3rd grader this year. I was BLOWN AWAY at my daughter's first written narration. It was dictated to me as indicated in the guide and then she rewrote it. Here it is...

God was going to flood the earth because the people were doing bad things. God told Noah to build an ark to carry all of his family and two of every kind of animal. When Noah finished building the ark God closed the door at is started to rain. It rained for forty days and forty nights and it did not stop. God promised Noah that He would never flood the earth again.

I just wanted to share this because as a newbie at narration last year in Bigger I felt really lost and unsure at times. This just showed me how much Bigger prepared my daughter for Preparing :)Thank you again Carrie for crafting the HOD teaching guides in such a way that I don't have to be worried about how my daughters are progressing (even though I do sometimes!). They are such a blessing to our family.
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

pjdobro

Re: Encouraged about Narration :)

Post by pjdobro » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Very nice! What a great first written narration! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1