A Child's History of the World

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ContemplatorMom

A Child's History of the World

Post by ContemplatorMom » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:50 pm

My sister is passing down her "Preparing Hearts. . ." for my younger daughter to use. She substituted out "A Child's History of the World" because we already had a copy. She did not find out until she got into the curriculum that we had different edition of the book, so the page numbers do not match the schedule (and the assignments are not listed by chapter). I don't want to buy a new (almost $30) book just because the page numbering is different, but I can't figure out how to follow the schedule. Since this is the core history text, this was a major source of frustration. Any ideas about adapting the schedule to a different edition of this book? Thanks--any help is greatly appreciated.

erdrmom

Re: A Child's History of the World

Post by erdrmom » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:08 pm

I was given my copy that I have been using and it is an older edition as well. It was pretty easy to figure out where to start by reading the discussion questions/summary. It pretty much goes chapter by chapter through the book.
Blessings,

Cindi
Loved teaching and learning through LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, & DITHOR
Planning for the upcoming year with DD10 in CTC half-pace and DS7 in BHFHG half-pace

luv2homeschool

Re: A Child's History of the World

Post by luv2homeschool » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:39 pm

I had a different edition of the book, too. The guide does have the chapter numbers for the readings each day in the Reading About History box. It's when you get to the written narration on day 4 that there are only page numbers that the child is supposed to read through himself. I quickly skim through the questions and match it up with the topics in the chapter, this really wasn't hard to do at all. The written narrations are pretty focused. The other place where the page numbers were an issue is when you need to look at a map, but that wasn't hard to figure out, either.
Christine
DS 12, Rev to Rev
DD 10, Preparing
Our fifth year using HOD!