DITHOR & Read Aloud ???'s

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Bw3taz

DITHOR & Read Aloud ???'s

Post by Bw3taz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Hello ladies, need some help....

Looking thru the lessons and I am a little confused-

Is Storytime where I pick a book and read aloud? If so I ordered the Classic Set is this when Iuse these books?

Then on Dithor I did not purchase the book sets and so I will be using the library: Is this where I go to my list I received with DITHOR Kit and pic 2 books from this (teaching 2 kids Twins) 2 different books from this list?

In the back of the Teacher's Guide Under suggested Storytime Titles it says Biography (Unit 1-4)- out of those books I received Ben & Me -is this what I am using as my read aloud?

Gosh I'm so confused I don't even know if this makes since the way I'm writing it...
~Shelly
Army Wife & Mother to 3 boys
Brian ( 21yrs old- Graduated Public school & Leaves for Basic Training Aug. 5th)
Twins:
Dylan ( 8-Bigger & DITHOR)
Gage ( 8- Bigger & DITHOR)

pjdobro

Re: DITHOR & Read Aloud ???'s

Post by pjdobro » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Yes, you are correct that the classic set is your storytime, read aloud set. Ben and Me would be the book you read for the first 4 weeks which is in the biography genre.

For DITHOR, you can start with any genre you want and you will have your twins read the book(s) you choose for that genre. You may choose any book that fits their reading level and the genre. The Sample Book list that you got with your DITHOR has great suggestions for books to choose. Many of which you may find at your library. If you want to be doing the same genre for DITHOR and storytime at the same time then you would start with the biography genre, but you can do a totally different one. Some people prefer to do a different one in DITHOR than the one that they are doing with their storytime so it will be different and some prefer to do the same one. Either way is fine.

BTW, I have twins too and I usually had them reading different books for DITHOR, but one time we did all read the same book, and it was great. So don't feel that you have to have them read different books. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Bw3taz

Re: DITHOR & Read Aloud ???'s

Post by Bw3taz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Thanks Patty, you answered everything. Going to try and plan ahead by picking out each book and pray the library carries all them.
~Shelly
Army Wife & Mother to 3 boys
Brian ( 21yrs old- Graduated Public school & Leaves for Basic Training Aug. 5th)
Twins:
Dylan ( 8-Bigger & DITHOR)
Gage ( 8- Bigger & DITHOR)