Priimary Math Teacher Guides

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
all4memories

Priimary Math Teacher Guides

Post by all4memories » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:50 pm

We are getting ready to jump into CTC, but I was wondering if the Primary Math Teacher Guides are needed. I didn't see them available on the Heart of Dakota website, but I did price them elsewhere, and they are $25-$30 each for 5A and 5B. In the past I have sometimes felt like the textbook was lacking in instruction, so I thought the teacher guides would be helpful, but I have 2 children on different levels, so I would be spending about $100 for just the teacher guides. Is it necessary? What do you all think?

all4memories

Re: Priimary Math Teacher Guides

Post by all4memories » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Correction: The home instruction guides for 5A and 5B ARE available on the Heart of Dakota website, but those of you that have already been through CTC, were they necessary? Thank you for any advice, help, or guidance you can give.

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:48 pm

I really things depends on your level of comfort. I just responded to similar post here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14107 In any case I think that the HIGs are really more of a reference tool. I felt like the textbooks were good at explaining the problems but occasionally in working through a problem in the workbook, I would find a problem that my dc struggled with that challenged me to put it in simpler terms like the textbook had. In those cases, I think the HIG would have been helpful, but most of the time I don't think they are necessary. You could always give it a try first and see how you do without them. Again, I think it is a personal preference. Some people feel they are absolutely necessary but many of us survived without them. :wink: :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

all4memories

Post by all4memories » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Thank you!!