setting up CtC-my3sons?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Gwenny

setting up CtC-my3sons?

Post by Gwenny » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Julie, my3sons, did you ever do a post of how you got ready for CtC? I need to do that in a month or so.

Also, is the only item that is consumable the Student pages?

Thanks!
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

beverett

Re: setting up CtC-my3sons?

Post by beverett » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:54 pm

I know you asked for Julies help, but I thought I would try and give you a litlle :D ...I searched for a long time last year and came to the conclusion that no Julie had not gotten a chance to post pictures of getting ready for CTC. I did find where gotpeace91, or Leah, did post pictures and a description of all she did to get ready for it. There are also a few ladies on that same post that offered some helpful information. I found it at this link viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12245 and it was what I used along with the introduction to the guide to help me get everything set up the way we wanted. You are in for a great year! We had a blast this year (as always with HOD :D :D ), but it was a good year of growing for both boys! I think the only consumable is the student pages... also in the Genesis Study she asks the students to underline and write in the margins, but we just wrote in our own Bibles and that worked fine for us. Another mom in a different thread thought about printing off Genesis chapters 1-11 for her children to write on...if you do not want to do one of these options you may want to get an extra copy of that book. :D :D HTH
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger
DS- 5yo LHTH

DS- 1yo future HODie

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:23 am

Thank you so much! That does help.

Did you print out color maps for the geography? How did you do that set-up?
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

my12kiddos

Post by my12kiddos » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:44 am

Thanks for asking this post :D I just bought the student sheets and they have beautiful maps in them. (Very Nice! ! Student sheets.)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:57 pm

I didn't take pictures and wish I had. :oops: Life ran away from me and got too busy somehow! :( Leah did a super post on getting ready though, and that along with reading the "Introduction" and skimming the teacher parts of the "Appendix" should be helpful. I did print the "Child's Geography" maps in color. There are not many, and if you don't have a color printer, you could head to a friend's house and borrow hers - as they work on the same maps for awhile, and there won't be too many to print that it would be asking too much of your friend. :wink: For Wyatt, way back, I didn't have a color printer, and just used black and white. It worked alright, as you could see the colors on the screen anyway, but if you can print them in color, it is nice. :D

As far as paint supplies, for the ultra neat watercolor painting you are going to get to do, here is a post on that...

CTC Paint Supplies:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5608&p=68843#p68843

As far as setting up a tentative flow to your day, here are the approximate times each box in CTC should take...

CTC time it takes:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3765

As far as a sample schedule for CTC, here is mine in case anything may help here...

Or, here is a link to the "Let's Share Our Schedules" thread in case someone else's schedule clicks with you more...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2093

One last great thread to read for fun...

Best tips for peace, sanity, or really helpful stuff!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4929

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie