Choosing a Science Text for Little Hearts

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LindseyG

Choosing a Science Text for Little Hearts

Post by LindseyG » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:42 pm

We just finished Little Hands and are looking forward to Kindergarten with Little Hearts soon. I see that "The World God Made" is the recommended science text for K and "Our Father's World" for 1st grade but was wondering if anyone has seen both books and prefers one over the other. We would like to buy whichever one is more in depth, best illustrations, most thorough, etc. Especially since "Our Father's World" is not the text for Beyond Little Hearts.

Anyone have a preference? Should we just get both? Thanks for your thoughts!

hs.mama07

Re: Choosing a Science Text for Little Hearts

Post by hs.mama07 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi! I haven't used both, but my sister did and said she prefers The World God Made, though I can't remember why at this point. :-) Not much help, but it's a vote if nothing else. I'm sure there will be others with more experience. Have fun with LHFHG, we're loving it (we're using The World God Made and my son likes it. It has great picts and is appropriate for K...though he is a science kid so it's a little easy for him. He still loves it though :-)

jer2911mom

Post by jer2911mom » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:09 am

We used both (at the same time) and the 1st grade one has a bit more depth, but we liked them both. :D

HTH,
Kathy
Last edited by jer2911mom on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MomtoJGJE

Post by MomtoJGJE » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:13 am

I've used both. I prefer The World God Made. I use it no matter the grade level the child is going through LHFHG. I just don't like Our Father's World for whatever reason.

LindseyG

Post by LindseyG » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks to all who responded. I truly appreciate your input. I think we'll go with "The World God Made." We can always get extra books from the library if we want to expand. I'm so thankful we've found HOD and grateful for this network of support.