Beginning LHFHG questions! =)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
SarahAngeline

Beginning LHFHG questions! =)

Post by SarahAngeline » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Hello ladies!!

We are going to order the new LHFHG guide as SOON as it comes out and we are so excited to get started in the fall! I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you can help me out with. =)

#1) I'm trying ot prepare for the new school year as best I can, but I don't have the guide in my hands yet (waiting to order the new guide). I'm wondering if there is a lot of photocopying in LHFHG? I heard there is a lot of photocopying in LHTH. Trying to decide if we should buy a photocopier for LHFHG.

#2) Is there a list anywhere online that has somewhat of a comprehensive supply list for the year? So I can get started buying up the supplies I'll need for the year before I receive the guide.

#3) Is there a comprehensive list anywhere online that lists the supplementary books that are used in LHFHG? So I can check ahead of time for what my library carries. I may choose to purchase books that my library does not carry.

Thanks! =)

Sarah

holdinon

Re: Beginning LHFHG questions! =)

Post by holdinon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi! You will love Little Hearts! It's such a great year. I am going to be starting it with my last little guy this year, and am a little sad that we will be closing the door on that guide :cry: .

Anyway....on to your questions...
SarahAngeline wrote:#1) I'm trying ot prepare for the new school year as best I can, but I don't have the guide in my hands yet (waiting to order the new guide). I'm wondering if there is a lot of photocopying in LHFHG? I heard there is a lot of photocopying in LHTH. Trying to decide if we should buy a photocopier for LHFHG.
No copying needed in Little Hearts.
SarahAngeline wrote:#2) Is there a list anywhere online that has somewhat of a comprehensive supply list for the year? So I can get started buying up the supplies I'll need for the year before I receive the guide.
No list (that I know of), but really it is just basic supplies--paper (mostly plain copy-type paper is what we use at this level), crayons, markers, scissors, glue (I'd get both a glue stick and the bottled glue), basic paints, etc. Most of the things needed for projects you will have around the house (things like a fork or band aid or cooking oil--things like that).
SarahAngeline wrote:#3) Is there a comprehensive list anywhere online that lists the supplementary books that are used in LHFHG? So I can check ahead of time for what my library carries. I may choose to purchase books that my library does not carry.
There is a list of other books in the appendix, but I'm not sure there is a list posted anywhere. We never used any of the supplements :wink:

Hope that helps....and enjoy your year!
2013-2014 year:
Geography, CtC, Preparing, Bigger, Beyond, and Little Hearts (and surviving!)

(Completed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Preparing, CtC, RtR, and RevtRev)

jer2911mom

Re: Beginning LHFHG questions! =)

Post by jer2911mom » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:51 pm

This LHFHG supply list thread might help :D :

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8026

Kathy