Question about future books...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
merchi

Question about future books...

Post by merchi » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 am

Hi Carrie and Julie!
I'm going through my bookshelves and decluttering as we prepare to move. I have the book "The World of Columbus and His Sons" by G. Foster, and was going to sell it... but then I realized we'll go through US History again in high school and wondered if you had tentative plans to use this book? I'd hate to sell it and then find I need it a few years later.
Any thoughts?

Also, I was able to get The Hidden Treasures in Philippians along with the author's other study The Hidden Treasures in the Gospels: Jesus Our Savior and Friend - will this be used in a later guide? If so, I will save it. If not, I will use it over the summer this year before we begin PHFHG.

Thank you SO much!
Blessings,
*Ü*
Karen
Wife to Patrick, mom to Jessica, Joshua, Alyssa, Jordan, Josiah <--- all graduated
Bethany (WG) and Benjamin (Rev2Ref)
Grandmom to Gabrielle, Isabella, Gianna and Joe-Joe.

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Question about future books...

Post by Carrie » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:45 am

Karen,

I'm not sure yet whether Columbus and Sons may show up in a new guide at some point. If so, it would likely be in the early American history guide, which is several years away. :wink: Jesus, Our Savior and Friend is a wonderful study, but it is too young to be used in high school so we won't be scheduling that one. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

merchi

Post by merchi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:08 am

Carrie wrote:Karen,

I'm not sure yet whether Columbus and Sons may show up in a new guide at some point. If so, it would likely be in the early American history guide, which is several years away. :wink: Jesus, Our Savior and Friend is a wonderful study, but it is too young to be used in high school so we won't be scheduling that one. :D

Blessings,
Carrie
Thanks, Carrie! I'll hold on to the Columbus one, and use the Bible study over the summer. :)
Blessings,
*Ü*
Karen
Wife to Patrick, mom to Jessica, Joshua, Alyssa, Jordan, Josiah <--- all graduated
Bethany (WG) and Benjamin (Rev2Ref)
Grandmom to Gabrielle, Isabella, Gianna and Joe-Joe.

my12kiddos

Post by my12kiddos » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Carrie are you going to be using The History of US By Joy Hakiem (sp?) for the HS guides? I am wanting to sell them if your not since we are using HOD as a complete curriculum.