Went to Wright Bros Museum. Thanks HOD!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mrsrandolph

Went to Wright Bros Museum. Thanks HOD!

Post by mrsrandolph » Thu May 30, 2013 2:52 pm

We are on vacation in the Outer Banks in NC. We went to Kitty Hawk yesterday. The whole way there, I questioned the children on what they remembered about the Wright Brothers. They remembered more than me!! I had to use Wikipedia! But to actually see Kitty Hawk was AMAZING!

History they had learned via HOD come to life!!

Today we visited "The Lost Colony" where they saw and experienced life as an earlier settler. We will see a show about it tonight.

And we're staying in a house right on the beach. So one small square seashore comes into play as well!!
Shannon Randolph LOVING HOD & Running 4 Guides & DITHOR
Mommy to 4 Precious Blessings
Cassie (15- World Geography),
Will (14- Rev2Rev,
Ellie (12- Res2Ref), and
Jack (10- CTC)

Mommy4Him

Re: Went to Wright Bros Museum. Thanks HOD!

Post by Mommy4Him » Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks for sharing about this!

We will be starting Bigger this coming school year my youngest two, and we have a family reunion planned in June 2014 in the Outer Banks! We will have to make sure we get a chance to go to Kitty Hawk. The plan is to rent several houses on the beach so we will be all together, but have a bit of privacy too. :D So we will be able to experience the seashore too! I am really excited about this now! What a great way to enjoy the reunion and get a hands-on review of what we will be learning about this year!

This further confirms that God did lead us to HOD! :D

my3sons

Re: Went to Wright Bros Museum. Thanks HOD!

Post by my3sons » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:44 am

What fun! Isn't it amazing how HOD helps our dc make connections? We have gone places and had our dc point out this or that connection to something they learned in HOD. We have also been right in our own home and had our dc point out connections! We still have a bird feeder from years ago when our dc did John Audubon, and identifying the birds that come has become an often occurrence. The boys build Knex things and pretend to be the Wright Brothers, or Henry Ford, etc. Thanks so much for sharing the connections your family is making! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie