NCHE Conference - THANKS!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ncmomof5

NCHE Conference - THANKS!

Post by ncmomof5 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:26 am

I wanted to say thank you to Mike, Carrie and Julie for taking the time to come to the NCHE Conference. It was such a blessing to meet them.

It was so helpful to be able to talk to Carrie about using upcoming guides with my learning challenged son. It really encouraged me that we CAN do this. :D

So glad that the Lord led me to attend the Conference for the first time this year. He knew I needed the perspective and encouragement I received at the HOD booth.

Thanks so much!!!

In His love,
RuthAnn
2013 - 2014
15 yo dd -- MTMM
13 yo ds -- MTMM
12 yo ds -- finish PHFHG/CTC
9 yo ds -- finish BLHFHG/BHFHG
5.5 yo dd -- LHFHG

"Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Matthew 6:32

pjdobro

Re: NCHE Conference - THANKS!

Post by pjdobro » Sat May 25, 2013 7:07 pm

I want to add my thanks as well! I really enjoyed getting time to talk to Julie, Carrie, and Mike. I pray that God led many to use HOD through their time here.

RuthAnn, I hate that I didn't get a chance to see you and talk to you while there. :( I was at the HOD booth frequently so I'm surprised I didn't run into you or other board HODies there. I'm really happy for you that you got the encouragement you needed to forge ahead. :)

I did get the opportunity to chat with Julie quite a while. It was such a pleasure. I think we could probably sit down to a cup of tea and talk for hours on end. :D I didn't have as much of an opportunity to talk with Carrie since she was out looking for materials to use in upcoming guides. I was so tempted to sneak around and see what she was looking at to get a peak :twisted: but decided I could wait until she narrows down all of her choices and shares them with all of us. I did get to speak with her a bit about advanced math for my dc, and as always she had great insights and suggestions. This was my first time to meet Mike, and he was so gracious and helpful. They are all such wonderful people and make me proud to be associated with them through this curriculum. :D If they come to a conference near you, try to get out and meet them. You won't be disappointed.

Again, Carrie, Mike, and Julie, thank you for taking the time to come visit us here in NC. We look forward to seeing you again! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

rockridgegal

Post by rockridgegal » Sun May 26, 2013 5:16 pm

I also wanted to add that seeing your gang at the Conference was such a blessing and it was so comforting to know the support we have as HOD users is ALWAYS there!!
I was so excited to meet you all and enjoyed meeting you Julie and Mike !! Sorry wasn't able to speak with you Carrie :( , but didn't want to interupt and use up time that you could be educating new and interested users :D :D !!!
Speaking with you Julie gave me a sense of peace and acknowledgement that I NEED TO CHILL !!!

Speaking with you Mike I realized ... 1. Hubby Steve thinks you guys are awesome. 2. He would move there for the pheasants and Ducks but not the snow so much !! :lol: :lol: 3. What a joy it is to teach my child something that was placed on your families hearts.. I am therefore blessed as well just to be able to use your programs !!

Even though my sweet son Jake is 9 and still struggles to read .... Julie ...you encouraged me to accept what he can do and let him read what he can and then watch him grow in his reading choices when asked to go grab a book to read to us !! We will be starting over the emerging readers this week ... and when I told Jake today he was ok with that !!

I will try doing only 1 page a day for a while and see if slowing down and continuing to use the reading reflex will give me good results !

I am such a planner and have to have order in my work and in our homeschool !! Very hard to accept to slow down and take it one day at a time when I am so driven , but I WILL !!! :D :D
Enjoyed this weekend !!!! Hopefully we will get to see your faces more and more here in the NC!!!
FYI....
Hubby Steve really enjoyed speaking with Mike Carrie, and if he keeps talking.... being a hunter gatherer of pheasant and duck .... He will quickly grab us up and move that way !!! :wink: :wink:

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Thanks, ladies! :D :D :D We all enjoyed seeing each of you as well, and it really was such a good weekend. :) It always helps to know we are going to see some smiling faces we 'know' from the message board. We look forward to it, and it fills our tanks to come back to the message board to try to encourage and help one another here.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:55 am

Ladies,

It was so wonderful to have a chance to visit with those of you whom we were priviliged to meet at the NCHE Convention. :D We're so glad that the convention was a good experience for you too! :D

Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie