Question About Ending School Year Before Finishing LA

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
stawnasalas

Question About Ending School Year Before Finishing LA

Post by stawnasalas » Fri May 10, 2013 6:37 am

We take summers off, and I've noticed that we will not be through the Rod and Staff LA programs in both Levels 2 and 4 for my 8 and 11 yo's. What do you all suggest we do then, continue where we left off next fall or start on the next level? Thanks!
Stawna
Ds 12
Dd 9
Ds 7
Ds 5
Ds 2
Ds born Jan. 17, 2014

stawnasalas

Re: Question About Ending School Year Before Finishing LA

Post by stawnasalas » Fri May 10, 2013 7:40 pm

oops, just realized we WILL be finished with R&S level 2, but definitely NOT level 4. Anyone want to let me know what they've done in that situation? We will end up on about lesson 60, and I believe there are over 110 lessons at least. I know with dictation, we just continued where we left off last year.
Stawna
Ds 12
Dd 9
Ds 7
Ds 5
Ds 2
Ds born Jan. 17, 2014

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Fri May 10, 2013 9:25 pm

In CTC, R&S 4 is one of the choices and it is scheduled at half-pace, normally the first half of the book. What I think I would do in your situation is just pick up where you left off and do R&S4 half-pace and plan on finishing it with CTC. Probably doing one lesson every time it is scheduled except doing reviews over 2 days and writing lessons over 2 days would be about the usual pace. Then when you move onto RTR, you can do R&S5. I think that would work out fine. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

stawnasalas

Post by stawnasalas » Sat May 11, 2013 10:41 am

Oh my, I guess Im not thinking very clearly :). Obviously if they only go up to lesson 63 (seeing this after looking at the last CTC lesson), they expect you will continue next year.
Sorry for the mommy brain :(.
Stawna
Ds 12
Dd 9
Ds 7
Ds 5
Ds 2
Ds born Jan. 17, 2014