Placed my order!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
thegracelife

Placed my order!

Post by thegracelife » Fri May 03, 2013 6:42 am

Hi everyone. This morning I placed my order for LHFHG! I'm a new homeschooling mother to my two children (soon to be 5, and 2 years.) I can't wait to watch my daughter grow and learn as we use this. The only changes we made was Horizons for math (I was given a free guide and books!), and my daughter is already half way through 100 Easy Lessons so we won't be using one of the recommended programs to teach her to read. If your child was already a reader before kinder, did you just supplement with great read alouds?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my year with HOD. I prayed and prayed, and kept coming back here.

WhisperedAbundance

Re: Placed my order!

Post by WhisperedAbundance » Fri May 03, 2013 10:51 am

May you be blessed in your first year of homeschooling! How exciting :)

I always have other books available and like to let my children lead -- but they are books that I have already "approved" :wink: We also have several books on tape and my girls love to listen to them and turn the pages on the beep. Very useful for times when I need to get other things done.
2013-2014 {Little Hands, left-side Beyond, & Rev2Rev w/Extensions}
Matthew 12:34 ..."For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks."

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 am

Congrats on placing your order - hooray!!! :D I think you are going to love Little Hearts... as much as we have. :) Whenever your dd finishes her phonics program, you can just get the Beyond Little Hearts guide and start the "Emerging Reader's Set" (ERS). We did this in the middle of LHFHG with our ds, and it worked great! I did decide to get both Bibles with the ERS, as this added about 9 weeks or so to the ERS, and I wanted to stretch it out some. I also used the supplemental titles if I had them on hand. This worked so well! I loved the questions in the back of the Beyond guide. They truly helped our dc be able to learn to think about what they were reading rather than just read. The questions also taught them some good beginning oral narration skills. I'd not start the ERS without the Beyond Guide for these reasons. So, if you would rather wait on getting the Beyond guide, you can just have dd read books you have on hand otherwise. I will mention that if you do end up ordering the Beyond guide earlier than the rest of the Beyond Economy Package, mention it to Mike when you go to order the rest of your Beyond materials, and he will look up your past order and work with you so you still can take advantage of the Beyond Economy Package savings. HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

thegracelife

Post by thegracelife » Sat May 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestion of the Emerging Reader books. I went and looked, and that is probably exactly what we'll do when the time comes.

amysconfections

Post by amysconfections » Sun May 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Congratulations! You will enjoy your box day. I just got our HOD for the year. They take such good care packaging all the books. I couldn't get all mine back in the box. So their packing amazed me! :D I hope you enjoy your year!
Amy
T-18 Masters degree Cyber Security WGU
T-16 Bachelors in Cyber Security WGU
A-12 Res to Ref
A-10 Res to Ref
Heart of Dakota user since 2007.