CLEP testing after high school guides-Carrie?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
igeagewalker

CLEP testing after high school guides-Carrie?

Post by igeagewalker » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:48 am

HI, I will be having my daughter going into the high school guide this fall and I am beginning to think about earning credits while in high school. Carrie, do you think the guides will provide enough information the taking a CLEP test after the guide will be possible? Of course, the student will have to study before the CLEP test. But if the guides have enough basic and solid information, the CLEP would be a possibility. Will you have your son do any CLEP testing?
pam
Pam , Married to my best friend for 17 years
DD 16 homescholing
DD 13 REV. to REV.
DS Twins 11 CTC
2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 ferret, 1 horse

8arrows

Re: CLEP testing after high school guides-Carrie?

Post by 8arrows » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:15 pm

I am not Carrie (obviously), but I plan to have my daughter take the 1st half of American history CLEP after finishing REV2REV with additions for high school. (She will finish in May/June. My son took it and passed, and I am sure my daughter will too. He did not use HOD, but the content was very similar. I cannot imagine that the materials that Carrie will choose would not prepare them. We used the REA ones that come with a CD and three practice tests.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

arstephia

Re: CLEP testing after high school guides-Carrie?

Post by arstephia » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:33 am

We are finishing MTMM this spring and I plan on having my son take the US History CLEP test this summer. I think he will do fine on the tests after even just these guides. I will repost when he's taken them, but I know more about US History now after HOD than I ever did in college. My DH has a history degree and he too is impressed with what has already been covered.
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography