Received our achievement test results today

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
StacyinOhio

Received our achievement test results today

Post by StacyinOhio » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:01 pm

My boys began HOD for the first time this school year. My 2nd and 3rd grade boys are doing Bigger 4 days a week. We will finish it up next fall and move into Preparing. My 5th grade son has 7 more weeks of Preparing left.

It has been a wonderful year. Especially for my older son in Preparing. He has really blossomed and enjoys learning this year. He was such a reluctant reader before, but now reading has become not only enjoyable during school time but on his own time as well.

We are required to test at the end of each school year. We use the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills. I know a good score on the test is not our year-long goal, but since it is required it was wonderful to see that all 3 boys did well and made a pretty significant jump in their scores from last year!

HOD has been a real blessing to our family this year!
Stacy
Wife to Ryan
Mom to:
Ty-10
Griffin-8
Evan-7
Julianna-5
Piper-Our little squirt
http://www.theeaton6.blogspot.com

julsoliveira

Re: Received our achievement test results today

Post by julsoliveira » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:27 pm

Great news! I bet you're boys are proud of their hard work :) This will be our first year with the IOWA, a little nervous about it, but Excited too.

Snorris2

Post by Snorris2 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 pm

It's great to see posts like this-especially since we are just starting out!
DD6- BLHFHG, ER's, CLE Math 100, SITB, AAS 1, HWOT 1
DD4- MFW K, MUS Primer, Singapore K, HWOT K

Mommy4Him

Post by Mommy4Him » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:22 pm

That is great! Thank you for sharing this! It is encouraging to me as we are getting ready to start HOD and we have to test every other year for our state.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm celebrating with you today! :D :D :D Way to go, Mom - way to go, HOD - way to go. kiddos! :D Thanks be to God! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie