Another HOD convert (LOL)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
John'smom

Another HOD convert (LOL)

Post by John'smom » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 pm

So my sister has asked me to purchase her LHTH on Friday when we go to the Cincy Convention. She is my 4th HOD convert. :lol: My sweet nephew is only 2, but she is excited to do something with him. She works full-time, but feels LHTH is something that she can do. I also keep my nephew 1x/week, so guess what? I'll will probably actually get to use LHTH with him. When my dc came to HOD, they started Beyond. I'm super excited about it all.
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

joyfulhomeschooler

Re: Another HOD convert (LOL)

Post by joyfulhomeschooler » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Happy that you are bringing so many to HOD. :) I wish someone had been there to convert me lol We didn't start HOD until this year.

Anyhow, I have a question for you. My kids are the same age apart as yours and same gender. I was wonderin how your year is going having them combined in Preparing? We will attempt to do this next year. Do you plan on keeping them together in CtC? Do you have to tweak anything for your younger in Preparing?
DS 11 CTC
DD 9 CTC
DS 4 Before Five in a Row
DS 2 Before Five in a Row (tag along)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:09 pm

This was fun to read, Edwena! :D Both you and your sister are going to enjoy teaching LHTH so much - almost as much as your little nephew is going to enjoy doing it! :D Thanks for sharing HOD with others, and I hope you and your sister have a great year in LHTH with your little nephew! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:14 pm

joyfulhomeschooler wrote:Happy that you are bringing so many to HOD. :) I wish someone had been there to convert me lol We didn't start HOD until this year.

Anyhow, I have a question for you. My kids are the same age apart as yours and same gender. I was wonderin how your year is going having them combined in Preparing? We will attempt to do this next year. Do you plan on keeping them together in CtC? Do you have to tweak anything for your younger in Preparing?
Edwena will probably get back to you herself if time allows as she is great on the board here, but having just seen Edwena at the book fair, it sounded like she is having a super year in PHFHG, and she is planning on keeping them together for CTC. She recently had this post too...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13466

HTH a little joyfulhomeschooler! :D FWIW, we LOVED PHFHG. It was an incredible year of growth - academically and spiritually! :D I can't wait to teach it again in about 3 years. :wink:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie