Choosing curriculum for 2 children ages will be 6 and 9

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
cna786

Choosing curriculum for 2 children ages will be 6 and 9

Post by cna786 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:53 am

Hello all. We are currently doing PAcyber and I am so ready for something new and christian based. Something I wish we wouldve done years ago, but was afraid to make the move. My daughters will be ages 6 on Aug 29 and 9 on Nov 17. I am trying to combine some of the curriculum and need some advice in doing so. I was contemplating purchasing Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. Sharing the core of it at least......Im not certain if the math reading and lang arts would be advanced enuf for my 9 year old, however, she is a little slower in these areas. But I do see that there are options in reading for an independent reader, so maybe that option would work. Would the math 2A and 2B work for her? What about lang arts? Thanks!!

Robbi

Re: Choosing curriculum for 2 children ages will be 6 and 9

Post by Robbi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:40 am

Have you looked at the placement chart? http://www.heartofdakota.com/placing-your-child.php

The usual recommendation is to look at where each kiddo places. And hopefully someone else can help with your more specific questions, I just wanted to be sure you had seen this.
Robbi
DD 19 Graduated from HOD
DS 15 USI & II combo
DS 10 RTR
DS 8 Preparing
We have now used all the guides!

my3sons

Re: Choosing curriculum for 2 children ages will be 6 and 9

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Welcome to the board, cna786! :D Robbi gave some great advice about checking out the placement chart, and I was wondering if you had a chance to do that? Did you have any questions about it - I'd be glad to help! :D Beyond Little Hearts is a wonderful guide, but then all the HOD guides are amazing - so that leaves us to make decisions based on solid placement. Could you share a little about the reading, writing, math, and grammar of your 6 yo and 9 yo? The first page of the placement chart addresses these areas, and sharing any thoughts about this you have with us will help us give better advice when you get the chance. :D I'll check back!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie