When can we order new guide and cost estimate??

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mom2fiveboysnc

When can we order new guide and cost estimate??

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Hey Carrie! I know you are extremely busy right now and I know you are in the process of getting things wrapped up for the new guide but do you have an estimate of when it will be available on the website? I know catalogs are coming out soon but I thought it was before that last year(or maybe I hoped it was!). Also, if you can give an estimate of what the full program will cost that would be awesome. I have $1000 budgeted but if it is alot more I may need to sign up for more days at work!! Thanks, Cheryl
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

my3sons

Re: When can we order new guide and cost estimate??

Post by my3sons » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm planning for about $1500, thinking it will be more because it is high school, but I may be totally off there. I think they will have the pricing up soon, as well as the packages. Usually by the first book fair, the new guide is available for pre-order. The first book fair is next weekend, so it should be coming soon! :D If I find out more, I'll post a better answer!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Maadrose

Post by Maadrose » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:12 pm

Many of the sneak peeks include a link to the cost information. Perhaps if you browse through them you can get a rough estimate. From what I've seen so far of the sneak peeks, $1000-$1500 seems appropriate.
"Big Mack"--Finishing up high school :)
"Cherry Berry Chiller"--geography
"Small fry"--Rev2Rev
"Happy Meal"--fun-school

http://sewhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/
Http://roseacademyacademics.blogspot.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:47 pm

We're hard at work on the sample week of plans right now and on the new section of the catalog, so pricing and descriptions are in the works. However, we probably won't have this content up on the website until the end of April. It just takes time to get it all together. The website descriptions alone for the new guide take 60 pages typed in Word on my computer! :D

I can tell you that the overall cost will vary quite a bit from family to family depending on which credit options you choose to pursue from the guide. :D We will have the books grouped in various packages that will help you save money and get the combination of resources that fit your budget.

I know with my own high school student, who hasn't had a chance to do HOD as written (and we've pieced together his curriculum), we are consistently in the high end of the price range already listed in this thread for high school. :D However, I am person who loves to purchase all I feel is needed to complete my son's schooling in the best way possible.

Where high school is concerned, I am always amazed at how quickly it all adds up! I try to remember that tuition to a private, Christian school would be very expensive, and we are blessed to be able to reuse some of my older son's materials. :D With HOD, you will be able to reuse a large number of the books that you purchase for the high school guides, making that a real bonus for families who have more students coming up. :D

Writing a curriculum with an eye toward making sure that all areas of the guide are living and engaging also means more books and a higher price tag. The design of our curriculum is based on our desire to give our own boys an education very different from the one we received, and this means that we are taking a different path and striving to publish something different from the other options already available. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

mom2fiveboysnc

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:50 am

Thanks for replying Carrie! I had figured at least $1000 before you posted about the foreign language by clicking on your links and by pricing stuff already. I know you always offer such a good discount on packages so I was hoping that would help even more!! I was hoping to see you at TTD in Spartanburg this year because we are going to Disneyworld when NCHE happens :( Thanks so much for all your hard work and dedication to making sure all of us HODies can do high school with HOD!
Blessings,
Cheryl
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history