The board is quiet today...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
netpea

The board is quiet today...

Post by netpea » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:30 am

too quiet. Is everyone else outside enjoying the wonderful weather (at least here in Michigan it's lovely out) :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great week everyone!

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:42 am

I have to laugh! :lol: I just came "back" yesterday and it took me almost 2 hours to catch up on the many, many posts!!! I was thinking...man.....I remember when this board started and I would wait weeks for someone to post something, and this last week was busy, busy, busy! Yea! It's exciting to have so many wonderful ladies here and new members!!! :D I finally got caught up....but I had to break my rule of minutes on the computer. :roll: :wink:
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:19 am

I'm glad your back Mel. I have been trying to get caught up on my reading as well and noticed that you hadn't posted in a while. I was worried that you weren't feeling well after your procedure. How are you feeling now?
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Carly

Post by Carly » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:00 pm

It's HOT here in TX. Unless we're swimming, we'll be indoors. Our kids are busy playing together and have been most of the day. :)

Carly

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:09 pm

Sorry I was gone all weekend. We went camping in Southern Indiana. It was great!! Well except for the torrential tornadic storms flying over top of us Friday night. :shock: But Saturday and Sunday were just fabulous! We hiked to some falls and watched the majesty of God's creation in action.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:22 pm

It is beautiful here in SoCal today. 8) We only have 3 days of school left until our summer break and we are all looking forward to it. I guess I am winding down out of "school mode" and I already know what I am using next year (Beyond), so I have not posted much lately.

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:48 pm

pjdobro wrote:I'm glad your back Mel. I have been trying to get caught up on my reading as well and noticed that you hadn't posted in a while. I was worried that you weren't feeling well after your procedure. How are you feeling now?
Thank you so much for asking, Patty. Other than a terrible sore throat and very stong adversion to swallowing, I'm great!
We, too, have sort of kicked into summer gear. My nephew came and spent the week with us and we were outside the whole time. Winter seemed to hang on forever here, so we are enjoying the nice weather.....in between all the rain.
I'm guessing the board will slow down a bit as we head into the summer. We still have 3 units left in Little Hearts, and my goal is to just try to finish by the end of June.
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:52 pm

We've been outside cleaning up after DD's birthday party last night. Boy and I glad it was outside since I could let all the pretzels and crumbs stay there!
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:37 pm

it's just plain HOT in Denver :lol:

i'm used to being hot and humid...i'm not used to just plain hot :wink:
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:22 pm

I'm glad you are feeling pretty well Mel and recovering quickly :D

It is getting hot quickly here in NC too. I think we will be spending a lot of time at the pool pretty soon. I think we're finished with "school" for this year though I plan to continue doing a little reading, writing, and math games over the summer. As anxious as I am to start LHFHG, I've decided that I need a break. :shock: So we're going to wait until at least August before starting.
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

netpea

Post by netpea » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:30 am

:lol:

We're playing hooky today. I have physical therapy then we're going to a used bookstore to browse around. Then perhaps a playground?

Have a great day everyone.

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:07 am

We are playing hookey today too!! :D We are going to Disneyland one last time today before it gets hot and crowded. :oops: We will return in the fall after everyone has gone back to school and the weather is nice. 8) I hope everyone has a great day.

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

dcafamily

Post by dcafamily » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:16 am

Leann,

must be so nice to be enjoying that nice michigan weather. not here in Texas, we jump straight into the heat of summer. Although, doesn't bother the kids, they are still out there tearing up the neighborhood with the "scooter gang" as my sister likes to call them.

We have taken the last week off since their friends are out of school, but there early riser friends moved this week, so we will start back to schooling next week first thing in the morning, then go to the pool with their friends.
Dawn in dfw, tx mommy to
delainey using LHFHG
chandler using LHTH
and darianna just tagging along