Teaching two differnet levels

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Bijou

Teaching two differnet levels

Post by Bijou » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 pm

I have pretty much decided to go with HOD next school year. Currently I am teaching two different curriculum levels, K & 2nd. Both from the same company and it is going fine. what I am wondering, is how will it be using HOD once we get into the higher grades and I have 3 kiddos to teach. Is there a way to teach the same thing to all three but at each of their appropriate grade levels? Does this question even make sense? I hope so! I'd really like to hear from you moms out there that are in this same situation. I know there are lots of you! :) Thanks for your help!

Jodi
Mom to:
DS 18
DD 16
DS 13

Mom2Monkeys

Re: Teaching two differnet levels

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:41 pm

There are lots of us teaching multiple levels at once. :-) so long as kidsare properly placed, it generally goes super smoothly! Easier and less time, from my experience, than tryiny to fit everyone into a single combined level that doesnt truly fit them all, and needs tweaking up and/or down for various kids. As you can see in my signature below, i currently have four levels going! and it is actually going well :-) the older they get and higher guides they get to (with good training in previous guides to make skills solid), they work more independently so as you add more time teaching more little ones, you gainn more time not teaching olders.
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling