Is There A Teacher's Guide for Singapore Math?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
stawnasalas

Is There A Teacher's Guide for Singapore Math?

Post by stawnasalas » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:44 am

My ds finished level 4A nad has moved on to 4B, and honestly, I dont understand some of the math :). I have to go online or ask dh to help us, lol. Ds struggles in math at times, and I feel like I dont help much when I have to look up how to do certain problems. Is there a teachers guide that I can purchase to help or give the answers so at least I know if we are doing them correctly? Thanks!
Stawna
Ds 12
Dd 9
Ds 7
Ds 5
Ds 2
Ds born Jan. 17, 2014

LovingJesus

Re: Is There A Teacher's Guide for Singapore Math?

Post by LovingJesus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:50 am

The following are available, but I have not used any of them:

*Singapore sells a Teacher's Manual. I don't know that much about it. I know Singapore recommends home school moms to use their Singapore TM or the Home Instructor's Guide starting with level 1A. Carrie of course has activities up through 2B in the guides.

*I do have an answer key to Singapore work books that I use on occasion if I need to double check an answer. Part of post removed due to board rules by board moderator.

*Home Instructor's Guide ~ I do have one of these. It has a lot of teaching tips in it to help teach the math being presented. I haven't really used it much yet, but I can see how it could be helpful. I know Carrie sells these starting with level 5. Part of post removed due to board rules by board moderator.

twoxcell

Post by twoxcell » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Yes there are and if you are going to buy one get the Home Instructors guide. It is designed for home use unlike the TM that is for classrooms.
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

HappyMama

Post by HappyMama » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Yes, I agree, just make sure you get the Home Instructor's Guide and NOT the Teacher's Guide. The Teacher's Guide is designed for a classroom and is much more $$$.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Our oldest ds has completed all of Singapore Math from Earlybird Kindergarten to Primary Math 6B. We used the Textbook as our teaching lesson, and the Workbook as the independent work, following HOD's scheduled math plans. We are doing the same with our fourth grader. I am happy to say doing math using HOD's intended plans like this has gone well! :D Both of our sons enjoy math, and do well on their standardized testing each year. We followed the HOD plans and only chose to use the HIG for the end of 6B. I do refer to the Answer Key for the upper levels 4-6 especially, as it is very helpful. :D The HIG guides though are optional, and it is a personal preference whether you add them or not. HOD carries the HIG's beginning with 5A. You can certainly get the HIG's earlier than this though, and I do think you may enjoy that from what you've shared here, stawnasalas. I just wanted to share what HOD has planned for math, as that seems somewhat confusing here. HTH as you decide whether to get the HIG's or not! :)

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie