I Did It!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
CDSmoak

I Did It!

Post by CDSmoak » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:40 pm

I placed my order! I'm making the switch mid-year. I ordered Beyond for my 1st grader including the Singapore Math 1. I'm going to finish out our current phonics and handwriting programs. Everything else just as HOD recommends. I'm a all or nothing type of girl. :)

I hope to be able to run a our curriculum on a Calendar year instead of an academic calendar. Does anyone have any tips on changing mid-year or using a calendar year?
Is there anything that I can get while I wait so I will be prepare to start immediately?

I'm looking forward to restarting 1st grade. I hope this will not put my son behind but back on track.
Nervous but excited.

Cheri in TN
Mom to girls 19, 16 & son 7
Cheri in TN
Mom to girls 24 & 21 (homeschool graduates)
and boy 11 (w/LD's)
2016 - CTC
18 years homeschooling and counting

igeagewalker

Re: I Did It!

Post by igeagewalker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:43 am

Congratulations! I have switched mid year more than once and just switched this year and it is going great! My kids like HOD a lot and it has been a huge blessing to me!! My kids are getting everything they need, and I don't have to plan and worry about it! What a relief! As far as getting ready, I think just telling your child that you are starting a new program and it is going to be really fun. I also told my kids (5th grad and 8th grade) that more would be expected of them but I knew they could handle it. You could also do something special the first day or first week-special lunch or dessert. Just make it fun and exciting-though HOD always has fun things planned too!
I wouldn't worry either about being behind at this age-and it really is all about skill level not grade level. So relax and enjoy!!
pam
Pam , Married to my best friend for 17 years
DD 16 homescholing
DD 13 REV. to REV.
DS Twins 11 CTC
2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 ferret, 1 horse