Okay...here goes

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
RestInHim

Okay...here goes

Post by RestInHim » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Earlier today I made my first HOD purchase :D I guess I'm in with both feet now. I didn't have the budget to buy both programs I'll be using now, so I just ordered LHTH for my almost-4. I think that not only he will enjoy it, but I think my almost-6 will join right in and love it too.

I am looking forward to beginning. I'm excited. Any tips for a newbie? :lol:
Sara
Married to Jaysen for 8 years
Cassidy: Beyond, Cheerful Cursive, ERS, Math Mammoth
Joel: LHTH, BJU Math K5, A Reason for Handwriting K, The Reading Lesson
Timothy: 17 months

glperky

Re: Okay...here goes

Post by glperky » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:33 pm

How fun.

You asked for tips and I can't give many because I have only been using HOD for 10 weeks, but my two tips would be
1. Enjoy every minute of it!
2. Remember, it's OK if you don't start on a Monday and do all five days in a row. It's also OK if you don't finish a day all in one day but pick up where you left off tomorrow. These were hard for me. :wink:

Enjoy and may God bless as you raise His children for Him.
Married to my best friend since Oct. 1989
DS 25
DS 20
DS 12
DS 10
And one - waiting in Heaven

I am way outnumbered and loving it!

netpea

Post by netpea » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:46 pm

the older guides are 4 day a week guides. Some people enjoy using the younger guides that way too.
Some days my 3yo is not into it so we don't do LHTH and other days she devours it, especially on the weekends.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

lapeseven

Post by lapeseven » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 pm

LHTH was amazing for my dd. When we began she was a couple months shy of turning 4. We took it slow, using the younger options. Over a year later, at 5, she was doing some of the older options and was ready to begin learning to read. She still remembers some of the fingerplays and Bible stories! Enjoy the time with your precious little ones. The memories are priceless, the learning is fun, creative, and top quality. Many of the activities have older and younger options that might fit well with your 4 and 6 year olds.
Cathy