MTMM

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
4Hispraise

MTMM

Post by 4Hispraise » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Just placed my order!! YIPPEE!!! Am excitedly awaiting MTMM and prickly with excitement (and anxiety :oops: ) to be starting son's first high school year in the fall. Also sad, as it will be his last year at home. :cry:

God is so good - He gave my oldest ds a scholarship for books again this year. :D :D So thankful!!
Shelly- bride of 22 yrs. to My Hero
Mom to 2 treasures on earth, and 2 treasures in Heaven
DS - 16
DS - 7 Bigger Hearts For His Glory

igeagewalker

Re: MTMM

Post by igeagewalker » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:53 am

hi, My daughter will be using this next year and I cant wait! Did I understand your post that he will be going to public high school after 9th grade?
Welcome to the board!
pam
Pam , Married to my best friend for 17 years
DD 16 homescholing
DD 13 REV. to REV.
DS Twins 11 CTC
2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 ferret, 1 horse

4Hispraise

Post by 4Hispraise » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:54 pm

HI Pam! So, are you doing any beefing up for high school credit or is your daughter in the guide range? I am looking forward to starting next year.

As for my son, yes. He is going to ps after next year...if the one we are looking at doesn't close. He would have the opportunity to graduate high school with an associates degree and license in his field of study. If it loses federal funding he will stay home. We have always homeschooled and I never expected him to attend public school :cry:

We LOVE HOD...and I want to stay the course, but he really wants to enter this course of study. So, he is getting a jump start by getting to train in high school. :D
DS - 16

igeagewalker

Post by igeagewalker » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 pm

I am not officially beefing up yet. I may hold my daughter back a year because she is quite far behind in math. She wants to do something with Chemistry and in order to do that, she needs to be on target for math to really do well in chemistry. We will beef up if we decide to go ahead with 9th grade next year; I am already picking some more difficult literature for her right now, though. It is her strong subject.

Wow, to actually have a high school where you can graduate and have an associate degree-that is unbelievable!!! What an opportunity! Why might it close?
Is your son doing HOD now?
pam
Pam , Married to my best friend for 17 years
DD 16 homescholing
DD 13 REV. to REV.
DS Twins 11 CTC
2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 ferret, 1 horse

4Hispraise

Post by 4Hispraise » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:55 am

Yes, we are doing HOD now. We began with Preparing and have been so satisfied the last four years. We started our youngest in LHFHG this year after completing LHTH twice.

Homeschooling became FUN again when we found HOD...we are so blessed by all the hard work that the Austin family puts into it.

Blessings to you and your family. I am sure that the Lord will show you what is right for your dd. I think every child has some area he struggles with a little more than others.
DS - 16