Unit 14 CTC Science

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
chillin'inandover

Unit 14 CTC Science

Post by chillin'inandover » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 pm

My ds was finishing up Land Animals for CTC science unit 14 but the link in the TM of CTC does not work. It is winter here and there are no worms to be found. Any suggestions on alternative sites. It is a bummer to end an interesting book on such a low note.
Tammy

arstephia

Re: Unit 14 CTC Science

Post by arstephia » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:45 pm

I don't have my CTC book - a friend is looking at it. But I seem to remember getting worms from a sporting goods store (they sell them for ice fishing.) I can't remember the activity they are needed for, so that might not be any help to you. It's been awhile.
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 pm

we dug down deep and found some in the compost pile.
Walmart often carries worms in the sporting good section.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 pm

I just went to the link and clicked on labratory exercise and it worked fine for me. I am going to put the link here - I hope this is okay since the link is in an HOD guide. If not, then Moderator, please remove.

http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/genbio/virtu ... index.html Be sure and click on Labratory Exercise.

ETA: If the moderator does have to remove this link, try typing it in again...or send me a pm and I will link you to it there. HTH
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

chillin'inandover

Post by chillin'inandover » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Thank you ladies for your response. It is a different site than in my CTC book. I was able to use the virtual lab but didn't see any place to click on "Laboratory Exercise". Thank you for the ideas about where to find worms. I was waiting to buy worms for winter fishing and just wanted a quick lab. We get worms at a few gas stations around here too. My son wants to raise some worms but I think our pet turtle and fish are enough pets for now. On to Unit 15.
Tammy