Sharing special Bible verses for 2013

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
psreit

Sharing special Bible verses for 2013

Post by psreit » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:47 am

In my other 2013 thread, some shared their Scripture verses for the year. I thought I'd start another thread and ask those who wish to share your life verse or verses you have chosen for the year. Maybe these would be an encouragement to others. I've had a particularly special one for years that I sometimes will refer to. But, I've been thinking it would be good to have it somewhere I can see it every day and be reminded of what God has for me as I walk in the path He has layed out for me. :D

Psalm 16:10
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: In thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore."

God's blessing to you all in 2013! :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

jer2911mom

Re: Sharing special Bible verses for 2013

Post by jer2911mom » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:31 pm

This is a favorite of mine and became even more special when my mom told me it held special meaning for her dad, too. :D

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Kathy

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 pm

This verse below is such a good reminder for me and is one I shared with my family during Christmas when we shared special verses from the past year.

For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

I know that this verse helps remind me that I need to look beyond my kiddos' outward appearances and strive for their hearts to be turned toward the Lord. I can get so caught up in trying to make sure my kiddos are clean, well groomed, using their manners, etc. that it can be easy to overlook their hearts (which is the part most important to the Lord)! :D The same can be true when I look at myself and when I visit with others, so this verse is a constant reminder to me of what the Lord values and of what I need to focus upon. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Kristen

Post by Kristen » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:09 pm

One verse I have always liked is Galatians 6:9:

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Kristen
ds17 - mostly textbooks, community college, and lots of hands-on projects
ds15 - an eclectic mix, sports, Scouts
ds9 - BHFHG, loves LEGOs

dd7 - LHFHG, loves taking care of her dolls, arts & crafts