Sneak Peeks 2013: World Geography Guide

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mdiaz812

Re: Sneak Peeks: New World Geography Guide

Post by mdiaz812 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Will the new World Geography guide for 9th grade be available to purchase separately like the other guides in the catalog?

Michelle D.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:56 pm

inHistiming,

It's good to see you! :D SouthernMrs. did a terrific job of answering your questions. I agree that the World Geography guide will work very well as written for 10th grade students for credit. The only area to take a closer look, as far as a 10th grader goes, is science. This is because differences in what a student will be pursuing after high school may affect the science sequence that would be best. So, this is one area that may have to be considered to make sure your son gets the sciences he needs by graduation. The World Geography guide schedules Integrated Physics and Chemistry with lab. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Michelle,

The World Geography guide will be available both in a package and individually for purchase. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

smithdonnajo

Post by smithdonnajo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:47 am

Carrie,
Thank you for the sneak peaks! It all looks great. I'm looking ahead to high school and wondering how the long term plan for English Grammar will work. With 9th, there is R&S 7 1st half; so, will R&S 7 be completed in 10th? I know this is looking ahead, but will there be English Grammar for 11th and 12th grades? The reason I'm asking is for those (like mine) who are behind in English Grammar and need to be on a different Engl Grammar schedule, I'm trying to project out and see how we can catch up. My son is going into 8th grade and will be doing English 5.

Thank you!
Donna Jo

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Donna Jo,

Great question! Yes, the second part of English 7 will be scheduled in the World History guide. Then, English 8 will be split over the last two guides. We will not schedule English 9 and 10 as those were added later to the Rod and Staff English line-up to address writing mainly. Since we thoroughly address formal writing instruction throughout HOD, beginning with a formal writing program every year from Creation to Christ on up, our kiddos will not be in need of English 9 and 10. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

ktplus4

Post by ktplus4 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Hello! Fist of all, Carrie, it was great to meet you in person last weekend at the CHEA Convention in Anaheim! :)
I have a question about ordering the World Geography sets....When it will be available to do so online? And currently is ordering going via email?
Thank you!

- Katy S.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Katy,

I'm glad I got a chance to visit with you in California too! :D Currently, you can order the new guide by calling and speaking to Mike, my husband, at 605-428-4068. The new guide and its packages will not be up on the website until the very end of June or first week in July. Our web designer is traveling during the month of June raising support, as they are a missions family. So, he is working on getting content up as time allows. :D

We have all product for the new guide in-house now, with the exception of the guide and the notebooks. So, all products related to the new guide are shipping right when you order, with the guide and notebooks to ship the very end of August or first week in September. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Thanks for answering so thoroughly SouthernMrs. and Carrie! I will talk with my son and see if this is something he would truly like to do again. :)

jennvious

Post by jennvious » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:22 pm

We just received our package in the mail today - so excited!!! Carrie, will your post the PDF of the introduction for this guide? It is so helpful when planning and buying school supplies. Thanks!
Counting it all JOY!
Jennifer

Wife to Christopher - sweetest husband ever
Mom to Lucas, 13 - PHFHG, CTC ext, RTR ext, RevTRev ext, MTM ext, W. Geography 2013-14
and AJ, 19 - Junior at Liberty University

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:45 pm

I think I am looking for the same thing jennvious is. I was wanting to see the table of contents to see if I could weave part of this into my 10 graders world history. We used a ps school text last year for geography and after seeing the new guide I see a lot we missed out on! The guide looks great! I wish we had waited.

Oh why do we have to be a year ahead of the guides!!! :cry:

Edited to add: Carrie posted in another thread that the Introduction won't be up until a week or two before the guides ship!
Wife to Jesse,
Mom to Michelle, Dawn, Rose, Marie
DD14 Rev to Rev, MTMM in the Fall
Enjoyed Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, and World Geo.

jennvious

Post by jennvious » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks, Sharon. I found that post. Oh well. It's funny how we get so excited to have it all ready in July, then September comes way too quickly!!
Counting it all JOY!
Jennifer

Wife to Christopher - sweetest husband ever
Mom to Lucas, 13 - PHFHG, CTC ext, RTR ext, RevTRev ext, MTM ext, W. Geography 2013-14
and AJ, 19 - Junior at Liberty University

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 am

Ladies,

Here's a link to the Table of Contents/Overview/Grading for the new World Geography Guide. Happy reading! Link: http://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/wg-overview.pdf

The World Geography guide is off to the printer. The Student Notebooks are all at the printer as well. :D So now we wait for them all to arrive in our warehouse, so we can ship them to you. With the holiday coming, we are thinking that we won't receive them until the day after the holiday. We will ship them out as soon as we get them. We'll make our deadline for which we are very grateful to our Father in heaven who makes all things possible. :D

Thanks to all of you who have been so enthusiastic and patient with us as we've planned and written our first official high school guide. We think of you as we write and pray the Lord will richly bless you this coming school year! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks so much, Carrie! I just printed this out as we are starting up today doing what we can with the materials we have so far. I'm so grateful to you for all that you and your family do and sacrifice in bringing these programs to us.
Blessings!
Charlene
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
World History (11th gr. dd)
HOD Users since 2007

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Ladies,

We're very excited to announce that the World Geography Guide and all of its notebooking pages shipped today! :D They finished printing this morning, and we had a courier service deliver them to us from 6 hours away so that we could make USPS and UPS last shipments out today. :D

We're so grateful to my sweet sister who worked so hard on the editing and helped me so much with the overviews and grading for the new guide. I couldn't write without her! She also has had to man our warehouse team of her own kiddos and mine this summer, as my oldest son broke his wrist 7 weeks ago, so all of our jobs shifted then! :D

We're praising the Lord that the guide is off to each one of you, and we pray that the Lord may richly bless your school year as you journey through the World Geography guide with us! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

aprilmd

Post by aprilmd » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:22 pm

I am so excited. I got a notification earlier that it was on its way. THANK YOU, COLE. We will have it before we start school on the September 9th!
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
April - BHFHG, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WG & now WORLD HIST
2014-2015
DD 16- World Hist, Chemistry, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 15- World Hist, Bio, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 13- MTMM/ext, finish R&S Eng. 6, Saxon Alg 1