Quick way to plan for a 'substitute' teacher

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
my3sons

Quick way to plan for a 'substitute' teacher

Post by my3sons » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:04 pm

I was gone for a few days with my Emmett in the hospital and had a 21 year old homeschool gal teach our other dc. Planning for her was super easy! I just jotted in the margin of each guide what things were her responsibility. I also just circled her initial "K" for Kaylene, and circled the boys' first initial ("W" for Wyatt, and "R" for Riley) rather than writing out their names. This worked well, as for our more private conversations (i.e. Bible Study, devotions, Biblical Worldview), I could jot I'd be doing those. :D She said it worked great, and so did the kiddos! :D
:D
MTMM...

CTC...

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Homeschooling6

Re: Quick way to plan for a 'substitute' teacher

Post by Homeschooling6 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Thank you Julie, this is very helpful.
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

pjdobro

Re: Quick way to plan for a 'substitute' teacher

Post by pjdobro » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:10 pm

That's really neat to see how you did that. My dh and I have been talking about taking a trip for anniversary early next year and I've toyed with the idea of having my father-in-law stay with my children and do their schooling. I'm sure it would sound overwhelming to him at first, but with a quick overview with the guide with him and notes like you provided, I think he could easily do it. Thanks for the ideas! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1