Thinking about the future.....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
psreit

Thinking about the future.....

Post by psreit » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:46 pm

.....although we don't know what the future holds. Since there are a number of threads dealing with HOD in the future, I thought I'd just mention that, should the Lord tarry, it brings so much peace knowing that the curriculum has been or is being planned out for all of my daughter's homeschool years. Lord willing, my long range plan is to use HOD until 2022. :shock: :D I know it seems crazy to even think that far ahead, but I just get these moments where I am again brought to awareness of how much weight has been lifted from me since I found HOD. No more mental fatigue looking for curriculum. :D Just another "THANK YOU, CARRIE!" HOD has been a joy. :D :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

my3sons

Re: Thinking about the future.....

Post by my3sons » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:37 pm

I was just smiling the whole way through reading this! What a ray of sunshine on this gloomy day in SD! :D You made me figure out my timetable for HOD, Lord willing. We will be using HOD through 2023! :D I too feel an incredible weight has been lifted off of my shoulders knowing HOD is writing high school. I feel equipped to do it now. Just having the path that is the means to the end is a huge blessing, though I don't know the details of it. I like to jut enjoy our homeschooling knowing HOD will be there for me through the end, and trusting God to help me through all the rest. Praising Him with you today, Pam, and praying for Carrie as she writes, specifically for encouragement, wisdom, and stamina! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:17 pm

2029 :wink:

Agreeing with you...I LOVE HOD!! And, I'm so glad that I don't need to spend any time worrying or researching curriculum - I'm really not very good at those things, but I love playing with my kids and enjoying them! :D

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

keyjoh

Post by keyjoh » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:21 am

Amen and Amen!
Thank you for the post.
----------
Bigger Hearts For His Glory (DD9)
Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory (DS7)
Little Hands To Heaven (DS3)

lissiejo

Post by lissiejo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:31 pm

wow...2027 here :) God is good!
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 pm

2025 here. :D God is indeed good. :)
Living the adventure, blessed to be schooling 3:
Cub 15 MTMM with extentions
Crawdad 11 Preparing
Taz 6 her own interesting mix

Have used and loved: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
http://ourhomeschooltravelingzoo.blogspot.com/

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 pm

2028! (We won't mention that I have already been at this for 14 years.)
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

Shimmer

Post by Shimmer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 am

Wow, my youngest would graduate in May 2029. How fabulous would that be to be homeschooling until then with HOD! I absolutely love HOD and the security of knowing my children are getting a quality education thanks to HOD's hard work. I am fortunate to have found HOD at almost the beginning for us it's been such a huge part of our homeschooling experience. So thankful and loving this life. No matter how our path goes in the future, I'm so glad to experience this time at home now. :)
2016-2017
dd1 - ResToRef
dd2 - Preparing
dd3 - Beyond
dd4 - LHTH

beckytrow

Post by beckytrow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Let's See, If I stick with HOD and I don't see why not, I will be using it till 2029! Amazing! At that time I will be 52 ish! Amazing! I can't wait to see what will come with time! Thanks for the thoughts! God is Indeed good all the time!
Becky

Married for 10 years
DD 8 Finishing Beyond
DS 3 yrs.
DS Infant!
5 in heaven

holdinon

Post by holdinon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:20 pm

2025 here :D

And wanna know something else crazy? When my youngest finished the first guide, the thought had crossed my mind to sell it. Then I got to thinking about grandchildren and the way everything was going. I was afraid my children would not have access to the wonderful HOD guides and corresponding books for their own kids---so I've boxed it up for keeping---nevermind that my oldest is only 13 :oops: . But seriously...I can not imagine using anything else!
Angie
2013-2014 year:
Geography, CtC, Preparing, Bigger, Beyond, and Little Hearts (and surviving!)

(Completed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Preparing, CtC, RtR, and RevtRev)

blessedmama

Post by blessedmama » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 pm

2024 and passing it all down to my sister and her 1st babe (and any more God blesses them with) 2029 for her!

Carrie and family, no doubt God will say to you one day, "Well done my good and faithful servants. With you I am well pleased." :D
Saved by Grace,
Sara D.

Wife of DH for 13 years! Mother to my four wonderful blessings from the Lord (DD 11; DS 10; DS 9; DD 7)

keyjoh

Post by keyjoh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:45 pm

holdinon wrote:2025 here :D

And wanna know something else crazy? When my youngest finished the first guide, the thought had crossed my mind to sell it. Then I got to thinking about grandchildren and the way everything was going. I was afraid my children would not have access to the wonderful HOD guides and corresponding books for their own kids---so I've boxed it up for keeping---nevermind that my oldest is only 13 :oops: . But seriously...I can not imagine using anything else!
Angie
Funny that you mention that. My daughter is only 9yrs old and she already told me not to sell the books after they are passed down to my 3yr old because she wants me to save them for when she homeschools her children :lol:
----------
Bigger Hearts For His Glory (DD9)
Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory (DS7)
Little Hands To Heaven (DS3)