Using CTC with 4 students?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Kristin

Using CTC with 4 students?

Post by Kristin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:19 am

We just started CTC today. Since I have 4 students all using the guide I need ideas for how they can all do their independent work without taking the guide with them. I don't think just putting the guide on the table and telling them to check it is going to work, since there are questions they need to answer and things they need to copy from the guide. Does anyone have any suggestions?
DD 11/90 Graduated
DD 2/93 Graduated
DS 2/02 CTC
DD 7/02 CTC
DS 8/03 CTC
DD 10/03 CTC
DD 7/07 LHFHG

Homeschooling6

Re: Using CTC with 4 students?

Post by Homeschooling6 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:41 am

I only have two at the moment using it. I decided to purchase one for each child. It's theirs to highlight, check-off and such. They LOVE having their own. I know it's not the less expensive route and believe me money was so tight that I didn't get to order HOD until the middle of September.

This year Annette is using Res. to Ref. and again, it's her guide, so next year I'll buy the boys each their own and so forth with each child. In other words we use it as a consumable :mrgreen:
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:14 am

I always wished there was a less expensive option for kids to use as their books. I'd pay even $40 a book. But I can't shell out $80 twice. I do check lists for my kids, so I don't have them marking in it. Onlt my oldest two combine, so I won't need double guides again. But, it would be nice for the to have their own copy of assignments.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:51 pm

I have had four using one guidebook before. We just had to share. :wink: They kept it in a neutral place where they all could see it for the stuff the history projects etc., like a table where all could look a the same time. Then they took turns with things like dictation and just worked on different subjects while they guidebook was being used by just one child. It worked well for us. :D I now have three using one guidebook and that has worked the same way. It has not been a huge issue for us. I think in practice it is not as hard an issue as it seems just trying to plan it out. I have some that tend to start school earlier than the others. That also can be an option. Anyway just wanted to encourage you that it can be done and not cause a lot of conflict. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)