Bible Study - Family time or individual?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
alydar

Bible Study - Family time or individual?

Post by alydar » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Just wondering, for those that run mulitple guides, do you do all the Bible Studies in one sitting with all students or do you keep it individualized?

I have been keeping everything separate but it seems that whenever it's time to do the memory activity everyone wants to be involved. Yeah, I know. I could have bigger problems, right? :lol: So I was toying with the idea that we could combine Bible for Bigger and Beyond. That way there would be a built in review for my Bigger guy listening to the Beyond study and my Beyond girl would be privy to the Bigger study and it would be a review for her later on...and so on for Preparing, CTC, etc. She's my child who seems to have an uncanny handle on spiritual matters anyway and tends to understand heavier subject matter so I don't think the Bigger study would be over her head.

Just fishing for ideas to make things smoother. :)
Whitney

DS 10.5
DD 8.5

DS 5.5

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalm 103:1

Kathleen

Re: Bible Study - Family time or individual?

Post by Kathleen » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:31 pm

We keep the HOD studies with their guides and respective kids, and have a family devotion time that Dad does with them.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH