Just Had to Share

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
GrannySimplicity

Just Had to Share

Post by GrannySimplicity » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Today was our first day using Little Hands to Heaven and Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you!

Our son, age 4, is able to do parts of the LHTH activities. His favorite today was the painting. Being that he has Infantile Autism Disorder, is nonverbal and has developmental delays, it has been hard to find something that he is capable of doing. I will likely do this curriculum 2 years in a row with him before moving on, but it holds so much potential with him. He was very willing to sit on my lap and allow me to use a hand-over-hand method to show him the motions as I recited the "A, A, Adam" verses. The story time was very good. He cuddled up to me as I read to him. The letter activity was another session of hand-over-hand, but he was willing. Overall, he was giggling and enjoying the activities.

Our daughter, age 6, absolutely loves the Beyond activities she did today. All through the days, she was eagerly completing the activities and participating with smiles. She loved the geography and Bible activities the most, spending a great deal of time on making her shield. There was not one complaint about copy work. At the end of the activities, she gave me a huge hug and thanked me for getting this curriculum.

Thank you for making available a curriculum that can bring the joy and fun back into educating of our children.
Paula
http://ourprairiehome.wordpress.com

ds - LHTH
dd - BLHFHG

raceNzanesmom

Re: Just Had to Share

Post by raceNzanesmom » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm

:D :D :D :D :D Yay!
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Wonderful!
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:39 pm

That is great!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

GrannySimplicity

Post by GrannySimplicity » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 pm

I just have to add one thing - This afternoon, our dd told me something very profound for a 6 year old. She said that she is happy that the day started with the most important book (the Bible) and she liked that the curriculum put God & Jesus first because we should always put them first.

She really amazes me some days.
Paula

ds - LHTH
dd - BLHFHG

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Aw...your post brought tears to my eyes. It's such a joy to see our children learning and loving to learn. I am so happy you found HOD and your dc are thriving. Thank you for sharing! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

raindrops

Post by raindrops » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Awwwww!

Thank you for writing that. What sweet children! Good job, momma.
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG

GrannySimplicity

Post by GrannySimplicity » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Thank you. Ever since learning our son's diagnosis, I have been searching for a curriculum he could do in spite of his physical and cognitive limitations. While HOD was not designed to be a special needs curriculum, the gentle approach is exactly what he responds to. We are only in our first week and I am seeing the effects of HOD already. His face lights up when he sees me take the LHTH book off the shelf each day. Our dd is able to do her independent work while I am working one-on-one with ds.

Both children are loving the curriculum. It was a blessing from above to learn of it from another mother of an autistic son.
Paula

ds - LHTH
dd - BLHFHG

Tracee

Post by Tracee » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Praise the Lord!
DS 12
DD 10/DS 10

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Rejoicing with you and your family on the success you are having. Blessings :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:35 pm

I am praising the Lord with you today! :D Your words just made me picture your day so well, as if I were right there watching the joy of learning at home unfold. Beautiful - thank you for sharing, and may God continue to bless your homeschooling with HOD!!! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

chillin'inandover

Post by chillin'inandover » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Paula,
I was reminded today of another wonderful thing that HOD has taught my daughter. It is something others might not appreciate or understand. There are many days dd has had to get out her stuffed animals and reenact a Bible story, or tell a Bible verse to, or act out a Burgess story, or do a math problem with. It is hard to believe that my child wouldn't know how to do this but a tad bit of autism has caused this. Now thanks to HOD and step by step directions she can play or pretend using toys, dolls, stuffed animals etc. That is what you have to look forward to. Enjoy the journey! Carrie has thought of everything. After 4 kids I didn't think it was something that I would need to teach but I did and now my dd interacts with her environment.
Tammy