Preparing History Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tnahid

Preparing History Question

Post by tnahid » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 am

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I have visited the board. I hope you are all doing well. My son and I are having a wonderful time in Preparing this year. I do have a question though.

"A Child's History of the World" is off on the page numbers in my Preparing book. I have noticed that the Chapters seem to be correct, just not the numbers. Why is this? Just curious!

Both of my sons are using DITHOR and as always, they are loving it! This is their 3rd year using HOD and DITHOR. Thank you and bless you always!

Tina
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

my3sons

Re: Preparing History Question

Post by my3sons » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi Tina! Good to 'see ya' here! :D The 1997 CHOW version is the one that matches the PHFHG plans, and it is the one HOD carries. I'm not sure what version you have, but I am thinking it must be a different version if the pages don't match. HTH, and glad to hear you are having a great year with PHFHG! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

3littlegirls

Post by 3littlegirls » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi, I'm new to the board (and HOD) and have never posted on here before. I am also doing Preparing with my oldest daughter and the page numbers in my manual do not line up with the CHOW book either. I do have the 1997 version and the pages still do not match. Chapter 4 in my book starts on page 22 and ends on page 26, but the T.M. says to read chapter 4, p. 16-19.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Ladies,

There are so many versions of A Child's History of the World that it is impossible for us to make sure they all match our guide. The version we carry and sell in our Heart of Dakota store does match our guide. Since it is a book that you use all year, you may wish to consider purchasing the version that matches the HOD guide.

Blessings,
Carrie