M2MM for 9th grade...someone please direct me...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

M2MM for 9th grade...someone please direct me...

Post by Tree House Academy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:19 pm

I have searched and am having no luck finding a recent thread on what needs to be done to make M2MM high school credit worthy. If someone could kindly point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

8arrows

Re: M2MM for 9th grade...someone please direct me...

Post by 8arrows » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:09 pm

Go to the top of the main board and look under sneak peeks. Under at least some of the individual sneak peeks listed you will find posts by Carrie about how to beef it up for high school credit.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

CindyK

Post by CindyK » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:57 am

I just wanted to relate my experience in case this might help someone. I live in TN and we enroll in a church school instead of registering with the state. Anyway, it basically consists of enrolling every year, sending them your educational plan each year, turning in grades 2x a year and they keep all grades and send out transcripts for you when you need them.

I sent in my educational plan for my 9th grader this year who is doing MTMM with Analytical Grammar, Apologia's Biology, Spanish and Geometry. I received feedback that if I wanted the US history to be a full credit instead of a half credit I could add "All American History Vol. 1". (MTMM uses Vol. 2) She would be getting her other half credit for US History her Senior year (doing HODs future Early American History) but after thinking about it I'm going to order Vol. 1 in order to give her a full credit this year. My thinking is that even though we plan to homeschool through her Senior year we don't know the future and I would rather she gets her full credit this year rather than wait until her Senior year to finish the credit.

Also, here is what they wrote about Economics:

"I also noticed you listed Penny Candy and Common Sense Business as books under this course. If you use the Penny Candy book with the Economics workbook, .5 credit in Economics could be assigned. Common Sense Business is listed under the Business section of the Uncle Eric Series http://www.bluestockingpress.com/books-subject.htm.

So, I also plan to order the Bluestocking Economics workbook in order to give her a .5 credit in Economics. All of this may have already have been covered but in case it wasn't hopefully this can help someone who is doing MTMM for highschool. :D

Cindy
~Cindy~

17yr. old dd -World History Guide
11yr. old ds - Preparing plus extensions
9yr. old dd - other

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:03 pm

Tree House Academy wrote:I have searched and am having no luck finding a recent thread on what needs to be done to make M2MM high school credit worthy. If someone could kindly point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!
Hi Rebecca,
I emailed Carrie earlier this year and asked her about this since my dd too will be 9th using MtMM for high school. Carrie told me that dd would need to use the extension readers in place of the regular Basic package readers and complete the Presidential study for the history to be High school level. She mentioned also that we could add from the listed choices (see MTMM sneak peeks) to up the Economics to high school level for half credit as well. We purchased the Notgrass Economics books for dd to read along with the Penny Candy and the other title (forgot it at the moment). We are also doing Apologia Biology so her science will be high school level. For English doing DTHR (or another Literature)+Grammar+WWTB2 = High School Eng credit, Bible is geared for 7 - 12th so that is also good to go; math options are also listed. Am I forgetting anything? I think that was all. My dd is adding Spanish 1 at co-op, Keyboarding using Mavis Beacon computer program for half credit and we will also incorporate Health using Total Health (hs level) for half a credit. Whew! I think that is enough... :wink:
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
World History (11th gr. dd)
HOD Users since 2007

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:44 pm

We are also in TN and go through a church school with the same requirements as yours, Cindy. Your answer was extremely helpful! Thank you!!!

SouthernMrs - thank you. That is exactly the info I needed!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

CindyK

Post by CindyK » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm glad to know this helped! I forgot to mention that she is also doing the extensions.
Cindy
~Cindy~

17yr. old dd -World History Guide
11yr. old ds - Preparing plus extensions
9yr. old dd - other

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Tree House Academy wrote:We are also in TN and go through a church school with the same requirements as yours, Cindy. Your answer was extremely helpful! Thank you!!!

SouthernMrs - thank you. That is exactly the info I needed!
You are so welcome! I hope to keep in touch this year to see how other high schoolers are doing. :)
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
HOD Users since 2007

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Charlene...were you supposed to use the extension readers IN PLACE OF the basic readers...or ALONG WITH them?
~Rebecca~

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Carrie told me to use the Extension readers for high school (basic readers would then be optional for reading).
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
HOD Users since 2007