Have Question about CTC A Child's Geography

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
faith0428

Have Question about CTC A Child's Geography

Post by faith0428 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm trying to figure out which travel logs from the cd to use. Is one of them any better than the others? Also, did you have your child draw a map or did you use the maps from the cd? The maps from the cd seem kind of small for labeling so I'm wondering how well they work for that. Did you have a separate binder for geography papers to go in? Also, the quizzes are suggested for older students. Does that mean 6th and 7th graders? Any other tips for Geography would be appreciated.
Thanks!
~ April Faith ~
http://www.desiremyheart.blogspot.com
Wife to Andy since 3/98
Mom to:
Savannah Hope 12 (11/01) and Amaris Love 10 (6/03) doing Res2Ref
Jadon Andrew 8 (1/06) and Bethany Joy 6 (4/07) doing BLHFHG

4Hispraise

Re: Have Question about CTC A Child's Geography

Post by 4Hispraise » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:46 am

I printed a copy of each travel log in the beginning and let my ds decide which one he preferred - he was in 6th grade at the time. Once he chose, I printed enough for the year (I have no idea how many that is right now). About the map, he had no difficulty labeling the maps and he did it pretty accurately. As far as the the quizzes, we chose not to use them as quizzes. My son and I did just did them together as another opportunity to practice what we were learning.

We so enjoyed the geography program, as well as everything else about our year in CTC. :)
Shelly- bride of 22 yrs. to My Hero
Mom to 2 treasures on earth, and 2 treasures in Heaven
DS - 16
DS - 7 Bigger Hearts For His Glory

blessedmomof4

Re: Have Question about CTC A Child's Geography

Post by blessedmomof4 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:37 am

For the travel logs, the only difference I think is line spacing, and one version I think has room for a drawing. I am just using plain lines, as my dd doesn't like to draw any more than necessary, and already draws plenty for history. I use the printable maps, as directed in the CTC guide-print the labeled map for reference, and have the student label the blank one according to the assigned "Map Notes" page for the day.
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12