Ladies, I need prayer!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

Re: Ladies, I need prayer!

Post by Tree House Academy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:30 am

Thank you Tina. I agree - some of the best were once some of the worst. Look at Saul/Paul! We are praying and trusting God's will. I so greatly appreciate the prayers and words of support from all of you. I am not able to post here like I once was, but anytime I feel the need for Christian support and council, you ladies are the FIRST I think of!

Blessings to you all!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

my3sons

Re: Ladies, I need prayer!

Post by my3sons » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:09 am

Rebecca - I have prayed for you and for your ds! You are not alone in this. Prayer - continual prayer - is such a help. I went to praying with Wyatt, holding his hands, during school whenever he and I were having a flare-up of rudeness to each other. I also had us separate, him going to his room, and me going to the kitchen (usually for a cup of strong coffee and a prayer to the Lord for help controlling my frustration). It was amazing what 5 minutes apart and a little prayer could do. If he came back with an angry spirit, I sent him back for another 5 minutes. Then, we hugged. Though neither of us felt like hugging, simply hugging and praying seemed to make it hard to be upset anymore. As far as the gaming, media struggle - I think that is something we all struggle with monitoring as parents. It's unchartered waters for us. We simply didn't deal with it growing up when we were children. We can lose our dc's hearts to it, I believe. Taking it away was a good idea. We have gone to only allowing dc to use the computer on the main floor in the kitchen for a timed 45 minutes a day. This keeps everyone more on the up and up and is easier to monitor. One other thing - when Wyatt and I were drifting apart last year, I took him out for hot cocoa alone, and talked about nothing major. We did this maybe 4 times, about once every two or three weeks or so. It did wonders for our relationship. Maybe getting alone with ds and just talking and enjoying each other may help. I hope something here helps, but be strong. The Lord will equip you for this! He is faithful. :D

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie