Books for first few weeks of CTC?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
newsong

Books for first few weeks of CTC?

Post by newsong » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:14 am

My dd is doing CtC this year but I only have the finances at the moment to get what we'll need to get started. I noted the books used in the first week in the lesson plan sample. Would it be possible for someone to post the books needed in the first several weeks? I know all the resources are listed on the site but I don't know what ones are used in which weeks and for how long. Thanks so much!

Blessings,
Sandy

striving2Bprov31

Re: Books for first few weeks of CTC?

Post by striving2Bprov31 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 am

The Story of the Ancient World --first 17 units
What in the World? CD Set
The Golden Bull --first 5 units, or any biography of your choice
Genesis:Finding our Roots
A Childs Geography Vol. 2
Illustrated Family Bible OR your own Bible (we use our own Bible and it works fine)

If you are doing the science box-Land Animals of the 6th Day for the first 14 units

Language arts- Dithor, Write with the Best, and Rod and Staff Building with Diligence or Following the Plan
If you are using HOD lang arts choices

Of course, the Student Notebook

I'm positive I got everything--hope this helps! In the past, I've done the same thing you are doing! It does help when you have several children all doing different things.

newsong

Re: Books for first few weeks of CTC?

Post by newsong » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:47 am

Thank you so much, striving2Bprov3! :D That info will allow us to get started and plan for what and when things will need to be purchased next!

Blessings,
Sandy