Roll Call - When are you all starting?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
chillin'inandover

Re: Roll Call - When are you all starting?

Post by chillin'inandover » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 pm

My dc started school today. I wasn't planning on starting until after Labor Day but we are going on a vacation next week. Ds started CTC and completed the whole day as is in 4 hours even though he hasn't had school since May 4th. Dd started LHFHG full speed and completed in 1 hour, even though she was 1/2 speed in May. No one forgot or lost skills. It was an easy day. Ds wanted me to read more and he wanted to read more too! We are loving it! Thank you everyone on the message board who made the start up so easy with all those helpful tips. We started at 11 and then at 3 pm went swimming at our local Wavepool. Great first start! While in the shower I decided I needed to start school today that is why it was a late start. Thank you everyone, especially Carrie for the great curriculum and Julie for words & pictures full of wisdom. Now I just need first day pictures-maybe by the third day.
Tammy

tjneary99

Re: Roll Call - When are you all starting?

Post by tjneary99 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Hello ladies,
We started on Monday August 20th. We prefer to end in early May to enjoy the weather--August in our area is extremely humid, buggy, and hot. The kids no longer want to play outside, so we decided to get started. We have a 4th and 5th grader in Preparing and a 4 year old in LHTH. We will be schooling with HOD 4 days per week(most of the year) and have one afternoon co-op day per week for 20 weeks. We also have 12 weeks of Bible study each semester so we are busy in a good way. We have had a very wonderful start to the year--the kids are very excited about everything. The work has been fun and interesting, and the older two are doing well with their independent pieces. My daughter was just upstairs in her bed belting out the Psalms with pure joy--that just made my whole day!
To start off our year, we celebrated the end of the first week with a family ice cream excursion, and we ordered tickets to go to Sight and Sound Theater in Lancaster, Pa where we will see the show "Jonah" as an entire family. We saw "Joseph" there not long ago, and it was fantastic. So that is our kick off--a few weeks in, but it will be a blessing.
I have greatly enjoyed other HOD moms--so many wonderful ideas and encouragement. I truly appreciate the heart of this curriculum and could spend hours sharing how it has blessed our family. We are so very grateful to the Lord for leading us to it and for equipping your family to create it.
I pray HOD families be blessed by the Lord and grow even closer to the Lord this year.
Jen
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:17[/color]