My Husband is Very Pleased!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Heart_Mom

My Husband is Very Pleased!

Post by Heart_Mom » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Once or twice a year, we do our homeschooling on a Saturday or on a day my husband's off from work so that he can observe our day. He likes to do this because it helps him to better make decisions with me about homeschooling. My children enjoy this too!

So today he observed, and he was very pleased with what he saw! He was very impressed with how much we're able to accomplish in a fairly short period of time and with our day in general.

So thank you, Carrie and everyone else who makes HOD possible, for your hard work in creating this great curriculum! :D
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

lissiejo

Re: My Husband is Very Pleased!

Post by lissiejo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:49 am

Yay :) My husband loves our curriculum choice too. I feel so blessed to have my man on board with what we are doing! He even teaches one daughter for me on a day when I teach a co-op class for junior high literature!
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:17 pm

What a great way to get your husband involved and to give him an inside look at your homeschool day. :D I am thrilled that your husband was pleased by what he saw. :D You must be doing a good job with your teaching too! :D

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie

Heart_Mom

Post by Heart_Mom » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:40 am

Thanks, Carrie! :D

It was encouraging. I think I tend to be too hard on myself, so it was helpful to hear that he thinks everything is going great. :D
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

RecumbentHeart

Post by RecumbentHeart » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:35 am

When unable to decide between HOD and another curriculum, I sat down with DH and the samples and he helped me talk through it. DH decided HOD would be best for us. A large part of that decision was based upon how it was laid out, his knowledge of me, and knowing what was most likely to get done, however he also thought the Bible portion alone would make it worth purchasing.

It feels great to be of one mind with your husband in the matter, doesn't it? :D
Alicia
DS10: CTC (beginning Sept.)
DD8: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS7: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS5: LHfHG

Heart_Mom

Post by Heart_Mom » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:07 am

RecumbentHeart wrote: It feels great to be of one mind with your husband in the matter, doesn't it? :D
Absolutely!

(I love your username, by the way! I'm seeking for my heart to be more recumbent on Christ ... it's a process!)
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9