Question about substitutions when ordering

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
krazzymommy

Question about substitutions when ordering

Post by krazzymommy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:34 pm

This is actually a question for next year's order :oops: ... (c'mon, I know I know I'm not the only one that looks ahead!) I thought I'd post while I was thinking about it. I was looking at all the different packages for Preparing and I have quite a few books already. I know we are allowed to substitute a certain amount of books for most of the packages and I will be taking advantage of the substitution policy. So, for those of you who have substituted, is it easier to do it online or maybe over the phone? I have so many I am afraid an online order with my subs in the notes would get confusing. Just curious how you have substituted if you have needed to sub a lot.

Thanks!
~Monica
DD8 - Bigger
DS10 - CtC

We've enjoyed: Little Hands to Heaven, Little Hearts for His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, and Bigger Hearts for His Glory - took a break from HOD for awhile; excited to get back into it!

jhperry

Re: Question about substitutions when ordering

Post by jhperry » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:26 pm

I recently ordered Preparing and had some substitutions as well. I just noted them in the notes section and the order came exactly right. I'm sure they are used to it and take their time processing the order. The sub policy is such a blessing and allows us to save money...another thing to love about HOD!! :D
Jamie
*Mom to Ds 14, Dd 12, Dd 10, and Ds 5
*Enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, DITHOR, CTC, RtoR, Rev2Rev & MTMM

krazzymommy

Post by krazzymommy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Thank you! I love their substitution policy and didn't want to make it harder or be a burden. Glad to know the notes worked fine for you and I will probably just do it that way when I order. :)
~Monica
DD8 - Bigger
DS10 - CtC

We've enjoyed: Little Hands to Heaven, Little Hearts for His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, and Bigger Hearts for His Glory - took a break from HOD for awhile; excited to get back into it!

mrsrandolph

Post by mrsrandolph » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:48 am

Just shoot Mike an email about what you do and don't need. He is great about working with you. : )
Shannon Randolph LOVING HOD & Running 4 Guides & DITHOR
Mommy to 4 Precious Blessings
Cassie (15- World Geography),
Will (14- Rev2Rev,
Ellie (12- Res2Ref), and
Jack (10- CTC)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:28 am

I help with training in the HOD warehouse, and Mike is always very careful to note the substitutions on the orders! :D He is meticulous and should there ever be an error, he is quick to right any wrongs. :D You can easily just note it on your online order, or if you'd rather, you can give him a call too. Either way, Mike works so hard to give excellent customer service - I know you'll get your things and be happy. Thanks so much for asking this, as it was very thoughtful to consider what may be better for them too! You'll have to share your box day with us too here. I love those posts! :D Getting HOD into homes and the Lord into hearts and minds - nothing could make me happier!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

krazzymommy

Post by krazzymommy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks, Julie!

I worked with Mike a bit on this year's order and I agree, he was wonderful. I hope it didn't come across that I didn't trust anyone to put my order together, I just wanted to make it as easy as possible, which I think you understood.

We are so blessed by HOD!
~Monica
DD8 - Bigger
DS10 - CtC

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm

krazzymommy wrote:... I hope it didn't come across that I didn't trust anyone to put my order together, I just wanted to make it as easy as possible, which I think you understood...
You came across perfect - I totally understood what you were saying! :D :D :D Thanks so much for your kind words here too though - sounds like we both think the world of Mike, and enjoyed getting to say it once! :D Have a great rest of your night! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:03 pm

I have taken advantage of their substitution policy on 2 orders. I think I ordered the maximum number of substitutions each time, and I placed the orders on-line. My order was perfect both times. Everything is carefully noted on the the receipt and my orders arrived very quickly.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.