I had the opportunity to share HoD!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
leimarie

I had the opportunity to share HoD!

Post by leimarie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:06 pm

I was invited to be one of the guest bloggers in So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler's series on methods and approaches to homeschooling.

HoD has really helped in the defining of our homeschool and I hope that what I've shared helps other consider it as the great resource it is.
http://www.soyoucallyourselfahomeschool ... of-dakota/
Lisa
CreativLEI

Evan (Preparing, 5th)
Andrew (Beyond, 3rd)
Francesca (Little Hearts, 2nd)
Mikaela (K)
Nate (busy 3 yo)
Missing our Miranda (9/29-10/27/2011)

water2wine

Re: I had the opportunity to share HoD!

Post by water2wine » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:18 am

How wonderful! I enjoyed reading your post! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:08 am

Thank you so much for sharing this! I invite all of you to read leimarie's story, as it will most certainly resonate with you like it did with me! I especially found myself a kindred spirit with leimarie's thoughts here...
...I was surprised that seeing the daily schedule in each of their guides didn’t make me feel behind, it gave me a clear outline for the day and an easy way to mark our progress. The children don’t feel like they have hours ahead of them as they place Post-Its over each subject block we finish. The smaller chunks of material over a period time were helping them retain what they were learning without over-killing with repetition. Having them each in a different guide didn’t make my day longer, it made it efficient...

We have found this to be true in our day as well, and I LOVE your post-it notes idea! :D I also wanted to say that I am so very sorry at the loss of your baby daughter. May the Lord be very near to you, as I know this loss is always a part of a mama's heart, though we go on. Your 3 dc's pictures and your picture of you and dh at the top are so beautiful - what a lovely family you have, leimarie! :D Your verse at the top of your page is one of my very favorites too 'Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,..." Love that! :D

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks so much for taking time to share HOD with others! :D We are blessed and humbled by your willingness to share. :D

Blessings,
Carrie