Disappointed No More!!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lissiejo

Disappointed No More!!!!!

Post by lissiejo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:50 am

My middle girl was very sad on Monday morning because even though I had been telling her we were homeschooling for kindergarten, she remembered her big sister going to traditional school for kindergarten 2 years ago. I didn't realize she still thought she would be going to school. I reminded her of how much fun it would be to do kindergarten at home. She sighed and seemed to resign herself to the setup, but certainly wasn't excited...

UNTIL...We started unit 1 of Little Hearts for His Glory!

She LOVES the rhymes (which she calls poetry because she knows big sister does poetry each week). She begs to read more history and learn more science. She can't get enough of math and rod and staff!

Thank you Carrie...once again...for writing such engaging lessons that are so age appropriate! My parents, who were not completely on board with our decision to homeschool, told me that after seeing my oldest excel last year with Beyond (Above average in EVERYTHING on her standardized test scores!) they are sold on the idea that I am providing her with a better education than she would ever get in traditional school. They still bring up the lack of socialization cliche, but since we're doing a 2-day-a-week homeschool class they don't say as much as they used to. Without HOD I don't think they would have ever been convinced of the quality education my girls can receive at home!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Melissa
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

raindrops

Re: Disappointed No More!!!!!

Post by raindrops » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 am

Awww!

That is super. :)

I was goin to say you could join a co-op to get that bit of experience with a class of peers... but I see you already are! Twice a week even, how great! We have co-op once a week (plus 4h with our homeschool group and field trips) . It is "just right". Having to get up early everyday and go to public school would get oooooold. LOL. Plus, at co-op, you know what they're learning... not all the yuckies that public school would "feed" them.

We just started lhfhg too! And my son is loving it! He loved the land/sea animal game. I chased him all around pretending to be a shark until he'd yell out the name of a non-scary land animal and then I would retreat back to my green paper. LOL. I liked "jelly fish" the best... we pretended to sting each other with our legs. Even 2 yr old sis started calling out animals.

And he had a blast writing up a card for Reddy fox. So precious. He kept asking if Reddy was "real". I finally figured out he thought we really were going to SEND the letter. Aww.

I will look forward to hearing more about how ya'll are gettin along.
So glad your daughter is enjoying it!
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG

lissiejo

Post by lissiejo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:13 pm

So sweet! My daughter's favorite was the rhyme. We took some of her toy animals, put them on a map, and let the animals hop, or waddle, or whatever :) Her baby sister had a blast too, except she only wanted a lizard to do the hoping and leaping! Things got wacky this week and we missed Reddy Fox. :( I'm hoping to catch up this week or next!
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

RecumbentHeart

Post by RecumbentHeart » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:02 pm

That is wonderful news! :)
Alicia
DS10: CTC (beginning Sept.)
DD8: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS7: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS5: LHfHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 am

I'm so happy for you! :D Dd sounds precious. I am so glad you are enjoying LHFHG together! The rhymes are so fun - our little Emmett loves them too! Thanks for sharing, and we'll have to share our year together in LHFHG with our kiddos here! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

raindrops

Post by raindrops » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Oooooh, Julie..! I am excited to hear you'll be teaching LHFHG this year! I enjoy your pictures and recaps of what ya'll have been learning.
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:18 pm

raindrops wrote:Oooooh, Julie..! I am excited to hear you'll be teaching LHFHG this year! I enjoy your pictures and recaps of what ya'll have been learning.
Thanks so much! It's nice to be able to share my year in pics with you all, and hear about yours too! Keeps me inspired! :D :D :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie