Feeling much better!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
homefire

Feeling much better!

Post by homefire » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:19 am

After a few days looking over our new guide and working out a schedule I'm feeling much better about the start of the year. This is the first time I've separated my two oldest and it seemed a little overwhelming. I've decided to stagger start them, using the first week to focus on my oldest and lay out the expectations and get her working independently then go from there. Thanks again for you encouragement and ideas from my last thread.
Daughter of the King, wife to my firefighting hubby, and Mom to my three blessings.
LM: 7yo dd Beyond for 2nd grade, AIG Answers for Kids, piano
CL: 6yo ds LHFHG, AIG for Kids, starting piano this year!
AM: 4yo dd LHTH and some LHFHG

Candice

Re: Feeling much better!

Post by Candice » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:47 pm

The idea to stagger start is one of the best ideas I've learned from this board :D
Glad to hear you are feeling settled with things.

Candice :D

RecumbentHeart

Post by RecumbentHeart » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:04 am

That's good news and your plan does sound like a great one. I'm looking forward to hearing out it is going once you start. :)
Alicia
DS10: CTC (beginning Sept.)
DD8: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS7: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS5: LHfHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:34 am

Great news! :D Having the guides from HOD in hand and looking through them as I plan for our year always puts my mind at ease. HOD makes it possible for me to easily teach things I stressed about for years. Carrie is not just an excellent writer, she is a practical writer (it doesn't hurt that she has 4 boys to homeschool herself :wink: ). Her plans are so open and go, thorough, but realistic. I'm glad you are feeling better, and I think soon - when you reach your groove about a month in or so - I'd be so bold as to think you'll not only feel better, I think you'll feel FULL OF JOY! :D HOD is a great way to homeschool - I can't wait for you to start!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie