YIPPEE!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mskogen

YIPPEE!

Post by mskogen » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:04 pm

We started school today. It is tooo hot in FL to not. My oldest started RTR, second CTC, third Beyond Unit 21 and fourth LHTH Unit 24! Wow, what a day. I was done teaching by 1:30, started at 7:30 with a half hour for lunch. I LOVED the day and all my kiddos did great. Thanks Carrie for a great program!
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

RecumbentHeart

Re: YIPPEE!

Post by RecumbentHeart » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Wow. I'm impressed. :D Glad you had a great day.
Alicia
DS10: CTC (beginning Sept.)
DD8: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS7: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS5: LHfHG

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Wooohoo! Sounds like you have a great line up! Congratulations! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 am

Way to go, Michelle! :D Thanks for sharing as we too have found it to be true that multiple guides are not hard to do with HOD, providing dc are placed well. This is a foreign message in homeschooling, and one that needs to shared more often IMO. :wink: Everyone seems to understand combining can work so well in homeschooling, but few seem to understand separating can also work so well (at least with HOD). Just depends on the situation! I'm so glad your first day went well - keep up the good work, mama! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:29 am

Julie,

I couldn't agree more with your post. I learned from experience combining is not the only way. :shock: I try to share this jewel of knowledge as often as I can...Thanks ladies for the encouragement!
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

blessedmama

Post by blessedmama » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Michelle,
We also did four guides last year! It is doable...maybe a little crazy some days but that is the way life is in general! Glad to know there are other four guide mamas out there! Great job!
Saved by Grace,
Sara D.

Wife of DH for 13 years! Mother to my four wonderful blessings from the Lord (DD 11; DS 10; DS 9; DD 7)